Help with Graduation/Bday celebration

littlele

Mouseketeer
Help! We've planned a trip as a college graduation gift and will be celebrating DD's 21st birthday as well during our December trip. Unfortunately we weren't exactly planning this for long, so the budget is not huge (is it ever?).

Does anyone have any ideas of something budget friendly that we could do to kick off the trip? I feel like the gifts that are delivered to the hotel is way out of our budget, but it would be fun to have a little something waiting for her when we arrive?

Any special, budget-ish surprise ideas?!

Maybe order a cake? Or go somewhere that first day for a special dinner or dessert. Rather than ordering gifts to be delivered, maybe bring some decorations and gifts for her (or order something from Amazon and have it delivered to the hotel). Sneak away and set it up before DD goes to the room (have her check out the resort with the other parent or grab a snack/get a drink/check out the gift shop). Also request a Happy Birthday button and one that says something about Celebrating Graduating. Order some graduation Mickey ears online (etsy has some cute ones), or if you're crafty, make some yourself and bring them along. Another cute idea would be to get her one of the stuffed animals with a graduation cap that people sign so she can have the characters sign it while you are there... or a photo frame that she can later put a graduation picture in.

Thanks for all of the great ideas!
Yes, we are definitely getting the buttons. I had no idea that Etsy would have some cute ears, so I will check that out asap.
I saw a cute Mickey graduation doll on one of the gift delivery sites that would have been perfect, but they are all sold out. Bummer!
I'll do some digging about the cake too. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter