Help with Early Entry Planning + misc. questions

Donalyn

DIS Veteran
We are less than 3 weeks out from our very first trip to DLP, arriving on June 18th and staying on-site. Thanks to all the information that people have shared over the years that I've been hoping to take this trip and planning it. A few more things to iron out and I could use the group's expert advice:

1. What order do you do rides during early entry time at both parks? Our goal would be to be able to ride as many rides as possible, and avoid wasting time in line, and the group will ride basically everything (everyone is tall enough and old enough for all rides). I don't care so much if it means a lot of criss crossing within each park. Most likely, we will have one morning at each park.

2. How early should we arrive to be fairly close to the first ones in the park? (We are "rope drop" people in the US parks.)

3. Arrival day - we will be getting to DLP mid-afternoon (likely around 2 to 3 in the afternoon). What do you recommend for which park to see/touring/rides at that time of day?

I'm also arriving on 6/18! We'll arrive around 2 pm, grab lunch, see Main Street and the parade, and visit Fantasyland before the fireworks.
I'm planning to do EMH for Disneyland on the 19th and Studios on the 20th, but can't wait to hear suggestions.

1. Priority should be Crush's Coaster in WDS, and PPF in Disneyland Park. Not sure anything is worth in WDS after Crush's Coaster, though, although if you're there, you could try to go to Toy Story Playland and finish with Tower of Terror.
2. Beware posted times are wrong. WDS opens at 8:30, you should be there 30 minutes early to be first in line. Disneyland Park opens at 8:00, although no rides are actually open until 8:30. If you go there at 8:00, you should be front of line anyway, few people rope drop during EMT in Europe because it's not as much a requirement.
3. If you're coming at 2-3pm on your first day, I would highly recommend taking some time to tour the parks. There is so much to see, if you don't have an agenda trying to ride as many attractions as possible, that would open up many choices. Of course, if you get by a ride with a low standby line, you can always jump in! Also, if you have the budget, consider going to the Victoria's Homestyle Cooking bar and try some of the smoothies and iced tea. It's a unique feature of DLP, and it's very tasty!

Don't forget Ratatouille in the Studios!

How many days do you have? You arrive at 2/3 pm and then have 2 mornings at each park?
On your arrival day, I would just take it slow, enjoy the beauty of the park, see the parade, do rides you come across with short lines and then the next days go full speed.

We don't have as long as I'd initially planned. We are staying out at DLP for 5 nights, flying home on Sunday. But we only have afternoon/evening on Tuesday, all day Wednesday and Thursday morning in the parks. After that, we have other non-DLP commitments.

So, one morning for each park to take advantage of early entry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter