Help with dining selections

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
This Aug we are staying at the Yacht Club with the complimentary Disney Dining Plan. My wife and I only used the dining plan one prior time in 2006 when it was free also.

Now, we have 10 and 8 year old girls so the situation is different. The table service restaurants below are where we would like to eat at over the 9 nights we are there. We will pay out of pocket (OOP) for some.

Comments?

Day 1
Beaches & Cream Dinner (DDP)

Day 2
Garden Grill Breakfast (DDP)
Liberty Tree Tavern (DDP)

Day 3
T-Rex Cafe Dinner (OOP - Landry's discount)

Day 4
Be Our Guest Lunch (QS)
Beaches & Cream Dinner (OOP) - May not need this second reservation

Day 5
Yak & Yeti Dinner (DDP)

Day 6
Cinderella’s Royal Table Breakfast (DDP x2)
Raglan Road Dinner (DDP)

Day 7
Sci-Fi Dine In Dinner (DDP)

Day 8
Hoop De Doo Dinner (OOP)

Day 9
50's Prime Time Cafe Dinner (DDP)

Last edited:
To upgrade to DxDDP, would be about $1240 for all of you for your entire stay. To make it "worth it," you'd probably want to switch your 1TS dinners to early lunches and make your dinners mostly 2TS credit places.

I think we are good on the standard dining plan. Upgrading to the deluxe dining plan would cost us a lot more than we plan OOP.

Maybe consider yak and yeti and t-Rex or coral reef OOP so you can also do hoop de doo as DDP also. If anyone was sharing or something at any combination of those first 3 it would likely save you money over hoop de doo. No all seating sections are eligible for DDP but I believe 2 out of 3 do but counts the same as a signature like CRT.

The only issue I have with using two credits for HDDR is that you can’t get tier 1 at 6:15pm which is when we want to go...

My only thought- Yak and Yeti and T-Rex are Landry’s restaurants. So you could sign up for a Landry’s membership (costs $25), get a $25 credit towards one of the meals, add a birthday for $25 towards the other meal, plus priority seating for both.

Then use those dining credits towards your OOP places.

I know that’s a little complicated but it would save you some money.

My only thought- Yak and Yeti and T-Rex are Landry’s restaurants. So you could sign up for a Landry’s membership (costs $25), get a $25 credit towards one of the meals, add a birthday for $25 towards the other meal, plus priority seating for both.

Then use those dining credits towards your OOP places.

I know that’s a little complicated but it would save you some money.

Good thought but we are already landry’s Members. I do have a $25 discount coming in Aug when we go that could be used for own of the other OOP if it drops the price enough to make it cheaper than the other places.

Since you have a landry's discount coming, I'd definitely swap out either T-Rex or Yak & Yeti with one of the OOP ones- Sci Fi would be a decent value on the plan if you're factoring in their specialty drinks and desserts.

Since you have a landry's discount coming, I'd definitely swap out either T-Rex or Yak & Yeti with one of the OOP ones- Sci Fi would be a decent value on the plan if you're factoring in their specialty drinks and desserts.

I will check the menus to see which is a better value to pay OOP between Yak & Yet vs T-Rex. Makes sense. I also dropped O’Hana in favor of Skipper Canteen and. replaced Coral Reef with Via Napoli.

Good change?

I will check the menus to see which is a better value to pay OOP between Yak & Yet vs T-Rex. Makes sense. I also dropped O’Hana in favor of Skipper Canteen and. replaced Coral Reef with Via Napoli.

Good change?

Via Napoli is a really good place to pay OOP if you want to share a pizza and have a salad or app. Via Napoli is one place that is a stickler for using the DDP. Each person will have to order something; you cannot use 1 or 2 credits and feed more people unless those other people also order something and use a credit or pay OOP for what they order.

Via Napoli is a really good place to pay OOP if you want to share a pizza and have a salad or app. Via Napoli is one place that is a stickler for using the DDP. Each person will have to order something; you cannot use 1 or 2 credits and feed more people unless those other people also order something and use a credit or pay OOP for what they order.

Good to know - thanks a lot for that info

Just updated the starting post with the current status of our dining reservation - any comments?

Not sure when you are going but Beaches and Cream is closing not sure when and won’t reopen until winter. At least that I saw when I wanted to book it for Nov

Not sure when you are going but Beaches and Cream is closing not sure when and won’t reopen until winter. At least that I saw when I wanted to book it for Nov

We arrive on Aug 1 and B&C closes on Aug 5th so we just snuck in with our reservations...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter