Help with Conversations

Gary Allen

Earning My Ears
I have 11 posts now so I believe I should be able to have conversations. I hit 10 posts last night so more than 12 hours ago. Am I missing something? I have checked that my permissions allow conversations from members.

Also, for some reason I continuously get locked out of posting for a period of time, like 15 mins or 30 mins or 60 mins? I don't understand why... I was trying to get my posts to 10 last night on the appropriate test board and after every two posts I would be locked out. I'm not a bot obviously...

Anyway, wondering if someone could help me figure out how to have a PM/Conversation.

Last edited:
I have 11 posts now so I believe I should be able to have conversations. I hit 10 posts last night so more than 12 hours ago. Am I missing something? I have checked that my permissions allow conversations from members.

Also, for some reason I continuously get locked out of posting for a period of time, like 15 mins or 30 mins or 60 mins? I don't understand why... I was trying to get my posts to 10 last night on the appropriate test board and after every two posts I would be locked out. I'm not a bot obviously...

Anyway, wondering if someone could help me figure out how to have a PM/Conversation.
In order for the extra options to be available, you must have 10 posts PLUS have been a member here for 24 hours.

If you post too rapidly between posts, the system will not allow it.

The random "you cannot post for XX minutes" started when they instituted the new measures to defeat the spambots (same time as the 24 hours membership rule started).

OK thanks, sadly still not able to send private messages. perhaps another 24 hours will do it.

OK thanks, sadly still not able to send private messages. perhaps another 24 hours will do it.
When I click on your avatar, I see the "Start a conversation" link. Do you not see that?

"Conversation" is what PMs are called here.

Are you trying to start a conversation with someone else who does not have 10 posts yet?

People can opt out of conversations, maybe whoever you're trying to reach has opted out?

I'm having the same problem. So, 24 hrs after your first post or after joining?

I believe its a combination of:
A) 24 hours after joining DISboards, and
B) 10 posts

I see you joined yesterday, but I don't know what time of day, so you may or may not still have a few hours.
Also, your post-count only says 8. I believe posts on the DVC-Rent/Trade forum don't count.
It may still take 30 minutes or so after you reach both time and number of posts for the features to unlock.

I believe its a combination of:
A) 24 hours after joining DISboards, and
B) 10 posts

I see you joined yesterday, but I don't know what time of day, so you may or may not still have a few hours.
Also, your post-count only says 8. I believe posts on the DVC-Rent/Trade forum don't count.
It may still take 30 minutes or so after you reach both time and number of posts for the features to unlock.
Thank you for this; I was trying to understand why the post count didn’t match my activity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts