Help with conflicting Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate predictions

Scooter2376

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW Friday, March 9 through Wednesday, March 14. We would like to spend 3 days in MK and one day each in AK, Epcot, and DHS. I have studied both Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate's crowd predictions and am struggling to figure out the best days to visit each park.

Two specific issues:

1. On Friday, March 9, TP gives MK a 6/10, which is the lowest score MK gets on any day of our trip. KtP rates it Red and says it's the worst park for that day.

I'm wondering if KtP's color ratings are relative just to the other parks that day so that KtP might be right that MK is the most crowded park that day, but that TP might also be right that it will be less crowded on that day than any other day of our trip. If MK will be less crowded on March 9 than any other day of our trip, I'd like to take advantage of that even if it means that could have gone to an even less crowded park that day.

2. On Monday, March 12, TP and KtP's crowd estimates are completely opposite. TP gives MK and AK 7/10 and Epcot and DHS 9/10. KtP gives MK and AK a Red rating and Epcot and DHS a Green rating. AK has EMH that morning, so that probably accounts for KtP's Red rating, but I don't know what other park to choose since the crowd predictions are complete contradictory.

Any crowd planning wizards have any guidance on which park to choose on these days?

If I were you, this is how I would structure my park visits-(disclaimer, I don't know what events may be going on March 9-14 other than early spring breakers and Epcot flower and garden which I think starts March 1. I will also say that I think the crowd calendars are entirely useless nowadays. I have been to MK on 10/10 days from TP and it's not that busy. I think it's so hard for them to really get it right since A- new promos all the time and B- people's perception of busy is relative so what may not seem like a crowded day to me may be entirely crazy crowded to someone else.

3/9- MK
3/10- HS
3/11-MK
3/12- Epcot
3/13-AK
3/14-MK

I would avoid Epcot on a weekend for my own preference with the F&G festival, I would do HS on a Saturday since it's likely the most unfrequented park for right now. I have found MK to be really busy on Mondays in my prior visits so that's why I had Epcot on the 12th and MK on Sunday. I like to always end my trips with MK but nothing magical about my choices at all. I am sure a guru will see this and add their info as to what is going on those days to help you out more.

It seems that KtP rates MK as a bad park on Mondays in general. I have a similar conflict on a Monday for my trip. KtP thinks that the day of the week has a bigger impact on crowd numbers than TP thinks. However, if you're spending 3 days at MK, I think your choice isn't quite as important. Over 3 days, you should be able to do everything you want to do without much issue. You could probably even do 3 half days and hit everything.

With two daughters under the age of 10, MK gets most of the attention on our trips as well. I agree with @hllb in that it's little less stressful predicting the crowds when you'll be in that park three days. We too have spent three days in MK, and did all that we wanted to do (sometimes several times over). With hoppers, we usually visit another park in the evening on one of those days and hop to MK for evening hours on one of the three days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter