Help with Capital One Venture Card

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
I signed up for the Capital One Venture card and have 70,000 rewards right now. How do I go about using those for flights and am I limited to what carriers I can use? I tried looking on their page but its all pretty confusing to me. I figured maybe someone here could put it in words I can understand ...LOL

I signed up for the Capital One Venture card and have 70,000 rewards right now. How do I go about using those for flights and am I limited to what carriers I can use? I tried looking on their page but its all pretty confusing to me. I figured maybe someone here could put it in words I can understand ...LOL

Anything that codes as travel will work. Any airline carrier should code as travel. You'd just put the charge on your card, wait for it to post, then it'll show up as a charge you can "erase" when you go to redeem your points. Once you "erase" it, you'll get a credit on your statement for the amount.

You can book with any airline. Your 70,000 points will cover $700. (Move the decimal point over two spaces). After your charges post, click on “rewards”, cover existing travel purchase, click on your charge to erase. I try to do this right after the charge hits so the charge is erased before the bill.

I hope it's changed but when I had a Venture card back in 2013, it stopped me from applying the 'eraser' to my charges saying I didn't have enough points to erase that charge. I knew I didn't, but I just wanted to erase as much as I could and use up the small amount of points I had. That's when I dumped the card.

I hope it's changed but when I had a Venture card back in 2013, it stopped me from applying the 'eraser' to my charges saying I didn't have enough points to erase that charge. I knew I didn't, but I just wanted to erase as much as I could and use up the small amount of points I had. That's when I dumped the card.
Not sure how many points you were trying to use, I have been able to erase $5.60 SW airline fees without issue. (so 560 pts was OK). Partial erasing of larger amounts has been OK also.

Not sure how many points you were trying to use, I have been able to erase $5.60 SW airline fees without issue. (so 560 pts was OK). Partial erasing of larger amounts has been OK also.

I don’t recall the amount of points I had but it was something like $16 taxi fare.

There is also a travel portal on the site you can use to book through and it will apply your available points and function kind of a like a travel agent for the booking. That also works for partial amounts (we booked airfare to Disneyland last year for around $1,600 and covered a little under $800 with available points through the portal and paid the difference right there at time of booking.)

It has changed since then. You used to have to have enough to cover the full charge amount. That changed quite a few years ago. Now, I you have a $100 charge and only $50 in points, you can apply those and reduce the charge by $50.

We ordered park tickets and a rental car from Undercover Tourist last night and immediately jumped on our Capital One account and used the eraser tool to apply our point balance, which didn't cover the entire cost of our UT purchase. It gives you a list of all eligible purchases and you can erase all or part of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter