Help with Booking vacation

4dizfans

Earning My Ears
We've been to disney multiple times now and thus we want to try Universal. We'd like to stay on site for our first trip but when I price out a vacation package through Universal which includes tickets it always seems higher than if I book the room seperately from the tickets??

Does this make sense? If I book the room through Expedia and then buy my tickets online it saves me over $150. So two questions I have is am I doing something wrong? and If I do book my room seperate from my passes will the passes still be the front of the line passes since I'm staying onsite?

Sorry if this seems confusing but I'm a universal newbie.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback.

It has been my experience that I can almost always save money by booking everything separately rather than a package.

You will show your room key for the FOTL perk at the parks. It doesn't matter which pass you buy, it's the fact that you are staying at an on-site hotel that gets you to the FOTL and it is awesome. Once you stay on-site, there is no going back!!

Enjoy!

No, you are probably doing it right. One thing I suggest before you book from Expedia, is that you call Loews hotels or the hotels directly and ask if there are any deals. You may be pleasantly surprised.

When you call Loews, ask what the "Entertainment rate" is. If there's enough time before your visit, you will be able to buy the Entertainment book and present the card that comes with it at check in.

www.entertainment.com

Kelly, apparently the entertainment rate is being discontinued at the Universal Hotels, according to the reservation office. Have you heard anything about this?

That hasn't been confirmed yet, has it? I heard the same thing, but they said they weren't sure yet.

I would definitely book it separately. YOU WILL save money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter