• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with AAA problem/email code

7beasley

DIS Veteran
I booked my trip in February with AAA and when booking the trip (8 days in Sept at POFQ with Dining and 8 day ticket with hopping and plus) we also booked our airfare with AAA.

We had to pay the full cost of the nonrefundable airfare ($400) plus a $200 deposit on the package when we booked it.

Well - I just got an email pin code and called Disney and it turns out that for the same exact package I can save over $300 or I can upgrade to the AKL or WL for the same price as my POFQ package. As an aside - we have never stayed in a deluxe and would really like to.

Anyway - this is a HUGE mess!! I called WDW this morning at 900am and got prices and they asked me if I wanted to book and I said I would call right back because of the airfare issue.

I then called AAA and asked them if I could keep the airfare (since it is already paid for) and cancel the package and was told no - if I cancel the package I lose the $400 of airfare I already bought and own.

But AAA said to give them the code and they would try to apply it. They called back and said that WDW told them all the code packages were sold out - I said that I had just hung up with disney and they were available.

She told me to call WDW back and when I got someone on the phone 3 way call her into the conversation - which I did.

I was speaking to a WDW person in Kansas who said she had availabliety at POFQ and AKL - the AAA person was on the other line with the travel agent reservation person at WDW who was saying there was no availablity.

So long story short - I can book the package thru WDW and save $300 but I lose the airfare ($400) and while AAA is willing to give me the code - they claim no availablity -- what a sham!!!

I don't understand why I lose the airfare that I have already bought and paid for if I cancel the package.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

~Nicole

This just doesn't seem right. Ask for a AAA supervisor or location manager. They should be able to separate out the two. I'm sure AAA booked the airfare directly with the airline and booked Disney separately. Keep trying.
But of course, by the time they settle it, you'll have lost availability.
Good luck.

Call another AAA and have them check it for you. I got an email code and AAA said they had no availability. I called CRO and there was. So I called AAA again and she made a few calls and finally got it. Just keep bugging or try another AAA. Good luck....btw I found a 1-800 for my area online that could make the calls.

I second Pembo's advice....keep trying. If your AAA agent won't find a way to book at the code rate, then ask to speak to their supervisor and ask them if they have an agent that specializes in dealing with Disney....some of their agents are less informed than we are....and there has to be availability.

If you want to be super safe you could always book directly with Disney (you have 21 days before the deposit is due) and then let AAA rebook or transfer your new reservation over....if they rebook, you can always call WDW back and cancel yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter