Help with a trip out west

momoflizandains

love "the world"
We would like to make a trip out west that is affordable and memorable. Do you remember the Brady Bunch vacation? I was thinking the Grand Canyon, a ghost town, etc. I would love your ideas.

Grand Canyon is always worth seeing. There are several "ghost towns" in AZ. Jerome, AZ might be your best bet for a Canyon trip. It is also very near Sedona, AZ which is also a nice spot.

All of the Western National Parks are breathtaking, or you could do the CA coast and redwoods and Montery, or a dude ranch........the possibilities are endless !

We would like to make a trip out west that is affordable and memorable. Do you remember the Brady Bunch vacation? I was thinking the Grand Canyon, a ghost town, etc. I would love your ideas.

http://www.calicotown.com/townmap/

I'm pretty sure I visited this place as a kid and it was pretty cool. :) I say pretty sure because we visited a cool ghost town with all this stuff listed above but I can't swear to our location (though it was in California)

Hope that helps!

P.S. I have never been to the Grand Canyon, sorry :(

P.S.S. I also found a site by a guy who seems pretty impressed with the above mentioned Calico Ghost Town
http://www.calicoghostwalk.com/

We did a week in Sedona then took day trips to the Grand Canyon, all the Indian ruin sites nearby, Slide Rock, the jeep tours etc. It was one of our family's favorite vacations. It's so beautiful that we didn't want to come home!

You have received some excellent suggestions & I love the Brady Bunch Vacation. Do you know when you plan on going? I haven't been to the grand canyon yet, however, it is certainly on my 'places to go' list. I would love it if you posted your experiences for us.
Thanks
Marie

We did a week long trip last summer. Flew into Denver, rented a car, and drove immediately to Colorado Springs. Spent a few days there and did Pike's Peak, the Olympic Training Center, the Zoo, and Garden of the Gods. Then we drove to Santa Fe for a few days. While there we did museums and a backstage tour of the Santa Fe Opera. Then we drove to the Grand Canyon where we spent one night. The on to Phoenix, stopping on the way at Slide Rock State Park and Sedona for a Pink Jeep tour. Flew back home from Phoenix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter