Help with a 1 night stay in LA

paul_toria96

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for some help.

We have booked a week just doing Disneyland, flights and hotel already booked, but saw, on another site, that there is a Funko store in Hollywood where you can make your own and our DD is mad on Funko.

So, dangerously, started looking to fly a day earlier (no charge to change as we are so far out), and staying somewhere near Hollywood Boulevard for just 1 night to just do Funko and the walk of fame then moving down to Anaheim late afternoon/eve.

Can anyone suggest a decent hotel/motel within walking distance that will store luggage for us once checked out?

It will be me, DH & DD all adults and happy to share 1 room

There is a Loews hotel at Hollywood and Highland. Connected to the shopping plaza. Across the street from El Capitan Theatre.

not sure where the Funko store is in Hollywood, but this hotel seems nice.

The W is your best bet. They have good security and keep the bums out. However, I'd be very careful in that part of town and would not venture out after sunset.

The W is your best bet. They have good security and keep the bums out. However, I'd be very careful in that part of town and would not venture out after sunset.
Sorry but what is W?

We would be arriving after sunset as our flight doesn't land until 6:40pm, then need to get luggage, will have already cleared customs at Dublin, and transfer. So might need to rethink....

There is a Loews hotel at Hollywood and Highland. Connected to the shopping plaza. Across the street from El Capitan Theatre.

not sure where the Funko store is in Hollywood, but this hotel seems nice.
Unfortunately not available for our dates, seems they have a few weekends blocked out

Sorry but what is W?

We would be arriving after sunset as our flight doesn't land until 6:40pm, then need to get luggage, will have already cleared customs at Dublin, and transfer. So might need to rethink....

W Hotels is a high end brand from Marriott that joined them with the Sheraton/Starwood merger. It's targeted as being upscale but appealing to younger adults. It's not Four Seasons prices, but not cheap either.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/laxwh-w-hollywood/overview/

I was looking for various places to stay, and there are a lot of fleabag motels around Hollywood. They would have the typical motel problems including loud guests, drug use (or drug dealing), prostitution, etc. But for the most part if one minds ones own business it can be a place to sleep.

Another place that might be a better choice is this hostel that also has private rooms. This one looks like a converted motel, but certainly they have a different feel where there's more a sense of community and they look out for other guests.

https://www.bananabungalows.com/HollywoodHostelLosAngeles.html

I too wouldn’t stay in that area of Hollywood near the Funko store but it would be perfectly fine during the day. The area where Loews is, around the Hollywood/Highland Mall, would be fine though. If your dates are so far out that you can change your flights without penalty, it may be that Loews just hasn’t released dates yet. In any case, apart from Loews there is also The Magic Castle, The Roosevelt and Hollywood Celebrity Hotel all of which are fine.
Option b is to just go to Anaheim a day earlier, grab a car and drive up on your pre Disney day. Probably cost about the same as the extra shuttle transfers, perhaps a little more, but it will definitely be more convenient than transferring to Hollywood then Anaheim, checking in and out of another hotel and storing luggage.

Hollywood is definitely a seedier part of town, but in a group at a decent hour of the evening you will be totally fine. About a month ago, I saw a matinee at the Pantages (right down Hollywood Blvd from the Funko store). Walked a few blocks down Hollywood for pre-dinner drinks, then a few more blocks south for dinner at Mes Amis at the Thompson Hotel. It was after ten pm by the time we left and scattered to our various cars and Lyfts. I waited alone on the street for my ride and felt totally safe.

Just in those couple of blocks, there's the Thompson Hotel, Mama Shelter, and the Dream Hotel (which has a very nice rooftop pool and bar). One of the toughest restaurant reservations in the city, Mother Wolf, is right there too. Use common sense; I wouldn't walk around alone at 3 am, but arriving at 8 or 9 pm and grabbing a burger at Shake Shack -you will be totally fine!

I think possibly The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel then? Disney used to have pin events in that hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter