Help with 1 day strategy

donaldanddaisy

Mouseketeer
I have a pretty good handle on the parks when it is myself and my daughter, since we've now done 3 trips together. But, my non-Disney loving husband is coming with us for one day -- Dec. 27 -- and wants basically to ride the thrill rides. I've also not been since they have introduced MaxPass. So looking for some expert help.

Since he will have a one day ticket, no early entry. Start at DL and then we want to ride:

IJ
POTC
BTMR
Space
Star Tours

Maybe: Matterhorn and Buzz

I usually go right in DL and knock out Star Tours twice and Buzz twice while waiting for Space FP time. But, we don't usually ride Indy, so not sure if I should head there first.

Then need to jump to DCA,

Thinking need get FP for RSR first (Hubby has never ridden, so would like to ride once together before doing single rider)

Then:
GOTG
Soarin
CA
TSMM

We have WOC Dessert Party booked.

Anything else we would do would be extra.

Also, best way to buy him a one day ticket? If I buy it when I'm in my account, then does that work. He won't want to make an account.

Thanks!

Are you intending to get MaxPass?

I would do DL in this order assuming you have MaxPass (yes, it requires some extra walking, but it'll keep your wait times down):
Get FP for Space via MaxPass as soon as you enter the park. Well, maybe, walk with purpose to the Adventureland rope and then grab it, but don't waste any time
Walk with purpose to IJ
Star Tours
if your FP window for Space has opened, ride it. Otherwise, hit BTMRR. As SOON as you scan in for your Space Mountain FP, grab one for RSR
Depending on which of those you did in the previous step, do the other now
POTC

At DCA:
As soon as your (assuming MaxPass) 90 minutes lapses, grab FP for GotG
If you don't mind single rider, that's how to do CS.
That said - you could do that for RSR, too, but given your day, I wouldn't try it
Once window opens, get FP for Soarin'
Once window opens, get FP for TSMM

There are no good one-day ticket discounts. You're just as well to buy it from Disney. It doesn't matter who buys the ticket - if you buy from your account, that'd be fine.

Arrive at the entrance of Disneyland 30 minutes before park opening.

730am - 8am: When you enter Disneyland, immediately use MP to get FP for Indiana Jones

8am-930am: Ride Big Thunder Mountain without FP, then Haunted Mansion Holiday without FP, Splash Mountain without FP, While in line for Splash Mountain, use MP to get FP for Space Mountain, then ride Pirates.

930am-1030am: Use FP for Indiana Jones, ride Buzz, while in line for Buzz use MP to get FP for Star Tours
use Single Rider line for the Matterhorn
Note: Remember you have a 15-minute late window to use your FP

1030am-12pm: Use FP for Space Mountain and while in line use MP to get FP for Racers, use FP for Star Tours

12pm Lunch, while having Lunch next FP you want to get is for Guardians, then FP after that should be for Soarin, then TSMM, lastly Screamin.

ME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!