Help! Which Toronto airport hotel?

goofie

Earning My Ears
We have to stay overnight in Toronto on our way to DW and we can stay at any of these three hotels with a discount: Delta airport, Ramada airport, or Wyndham Bristal Place airport.

Which would you suggest? I would really appreciate any information. Also, any ideas on how to spend the day in Toronto?
We are thinking of taking a tour of the skydome.

THANKS!!!!:sunny:

Downtown Toronto is quite a hike from all of the hotels but can be accomplished as long as your time frame permits. The Delta Airport West is on Dixie Road which is in Mississauga
The Wyndham Bristal Palace is on Dixon Road
and the Ramada airport looks to be on Weston Road in GTA.

The two first hotels are very close to the Airport,, Weston Road is a little further away. If I had to chose I would pick one of the first two hotels.

However, you should check out what amenities they all offer in case you do not have the time to visit Toronto.

When are you visiting DW and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)?

I would choose the Bristol out of the three choices. It's a little classier.

As for taking a tour of Skydome, not much there. Plus far from the Airport Strip.

Which month are you planning on staying? It would better help us give you better suggestions.

Scratch
:smooth:

I second the Bristol Place, I stayed there many years ago it was beautiful.

As a New Jersey resident who frequently travels to Canada, I would recommend only three hotels on the Dixon Road "strip"...the Airport Marriott #1; the Sheraton Gateway attached to Terminal 3 is a close 2nd; the Wyndham Bristol Place would rank 3rd overall. Don't bother with any other hotel if you're into a quality experience.

There are wonderful weekend rates available at all of these hotels, but if the need is there to stay during the week....join AAA in order to become eligible for their rates and/or purchase an Entertainment Card - this is probably the key to getting the lowest possible hotel rates not just in Toronto, but across America as well.

With a few hours to kill in Toronto, I would do lunch up at the CN Tower followed by a stroll around Yorkville and the Yonge/Bloor area.

Have a good trip.

JerseyShark

As a resident of our fine city, it is always difficult to recommend a place unless we have actually stayed there!

Also a recommendation, if lunching at the CN Tower, stroll up Spadina to really get a flare for our Multi Cultural City (and some great bargoons to boot!)

Scratch
:smooth:

I have stayed at pretty well all the airport hotels... I would have to say out of the choices given - The Bristol Place is my favourite.

Keep in mind they are all typical airport hotels just like you would find at any airport in any city.

How much time do you have for your day in Toronto? The flat rate taxi fares are about 45.00 to downtown from the airport strip..

Have fun

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter