• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Where to eat before Illuminations

klcason

DVC Member August, 2003
We are doing an afternoon/evening in Epcot World Showcase. I was thinking maybe we could go out to the boardwalk for dinner before Illuminations, but don't know where to eat. Our favorite Epcot restaurant is the Garden Grill and we are having dinner there another night.

So what do y'all think? It will be the first time my parents have been in many years. We did Italy (Alfredo's) for dinner a few years ago and it was awful. None of the other world showcase spots really sounds that great to me. It will be 6 of us including my 4 & 2 year old.

What about Le Cellier (sp?) in Canada? Or what resort rest. would it be easy to get too?

Thanks,

Kayla

DH and I love Le Cellier, though we have only ever eaten lunch there. I'm sure dinner isn't TOO much different, but their food is great!

Rose n Crown is also a great place for a meal - we enjoy eating here right before Illuminations!!

If you would like to try a resort eatery, there's Beaches N Cream at the Beach Club or Flying Fish at Boardwalk. I have heard that Spoodles is great, also, though we have never been there.

Hope this is a little helpful!

My DW will tell you I am not an adventurous diner, but I thoroughly enjoyed Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco). They have a wonderful chicken kabob dinner that is not too exotic. Many of the entrees are very delicious.

Beaches & Cream at the BC is good if you just want burgers and fries for dinner. It does get crowded quickly because it's a small place.

If you like seafood, make a PS for Cape May Clambake at BC. It's a very good seafood buffet.

For a more upscale dinner (at a higher price), make a PS for Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC. It's not the best steakhouse at WDW, but it is close to Epcot (walking distance).

I have eaten at LeCellier a number of times and never have been dissappointed. The atmosphere is nice and the menu has all the typical favorites...with some special surprises(Cheese soup is wonderful).
Another favorite of ours is Coral Reef(Living Seas). The atmosphere is neat(aquarium) and if your not a seafood lover, they do offer alternatives!

We always go to Cape May in the Beach Club for dinner and then stroll over to Epcot for Illiminations.

If you are looking to eat at the Boardwalk, you have good restaurants to choose from. Flying Fish is great even for kids (we ate there twice last week); I like Spoodles because we usually order just from the selection of tapas which means you can try a wider variety of foods, you won't eat as much as when you get an entree, and it ends up being less expensive. Get a pitcher of Sangria, it will be just right for 4 adults!

After dinner you can stop next door at the sweet shop for the kids;)

Just one thought - if you are already going to be at Epcot, I would suggest you eat at an Epcot restaurant. With a 2 & 4 yr old I wouldn't really go out and come back. Some might disagree with me, but we did something similar last trip (and we were staying at the Swan) and I felt I walked that path by the World Showcase entrance 100 times with two in a stroller. It isn't that far to the Boardwalk, and yes, you can take the boat but after a long day with two young kids, IMHO I think you'd be better off dining at WS. If you were all adults then I'd say go for it, and stroll back for Illuminations.
LeCellier was great and our kids liked it.
I hope this helps.

LeCellier is great. We also enjoyed Biergarten in Germany. It is fun for the kids because the German band plays fun music and gets the kids involved. Not a real quiet dinner, but fun and very good buffet food.:D

Thanks for all the replies. So I am thinking Yzma and Kronk has a good point about carrying everyone to the boardwald. I guess we will try the WS rest. I am thinking probably Le Cellier. I will have to check out the menu's and get a PS made. Since we leave in 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Kayla:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter