• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help-what airports are in MO? for person in waynesville

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
need a flight out of Wayneville MO ... anyone know what airport is close?

I think the St. Louis airport is the closest. I always wee soldiers from Ft. Leonard Wood flying into/out of there. The airport code is STL. Southwest has their own terminal there.

I'm not for sure how far the Kansas City airport is from there.

And in my uneducated opinion I would say the St Louis Airport would be closest. It is called Lambert.

Becky

Having lived in both cities, as an alternative to STL (Lambert-St. Louis International), consider also SGF (Springfield-Branson National). It's about 30 minutes closer from Waynesville, is a smaller airport with cheaper parking (onsite parking is pay for five days, get seven days, each day at normal airport prices). AA and Delta fly out regularly as I recall, and I'm pretty sure the other regional express carriers provide connecting service. Prices probably are going to be a little higher, however, at SGF, as the schedule is more limited.

Just another option.....

Thanks. Looks like a person I know went on a road trip to MO thinking it was a fun idea, is now miserable and wants to hop a plane home :confused3 not having a good time at all. Can get a ride to the airport, no parking needed.

I wasn't sure which airports in MO flew commercial or where they are.

I figure since they didnt even know what airport they wanted or how far away it was, it wasn't looking good to get home. They may just have to wait it out and take the road trip ride home in a couple days.

ETA: sorry, I thought I was on the transportation board :rolleyes1 my gosh I am losing it today!

Thanks. Looks like a person I know went on a road trip to MO thinking it was a fun idea, is now miserable and wants to hop a plane home :confused3 not having a good time at all. Can get a ride to the airport, no parking needed.

I wasn't sure which airports in MO flew commercial or where they are.

I figure since they didnt even know what airport they wanted or how far away it was, it wasn't looking good to get home. They may just have to wait it out and take the road trip ride home in a couple days.

ETA: sorry, I thought I was on the transportation board :rolleyes1 my gosh I am losing it today!

If they aren't having fun, they must be in Branson! :rotfl:

I dunno, but stupid is as stupid does :headache: Take 3 babies, 6 mos, 9 mos and 2yrs. Put them in a van for a 30 hr (each way) drive with 2 young moms who think this is going to be a fun "road trip" DUH! I think they forgot that the babies will not do well tied down in a car for that much time. Makes me sick to think of the poor darling babies being so miserable. Makes me want to punch the stupid mothers in the freakin head :mad:

Add to that the stupids got a cabin "off the internet" :scared1: it was gross, in the middle of no where, in the woods at the bottom of a mountain - oh thats safe! Uggg I hate stupids!

No, she didnt get a plane ride home, cant afford it... and was going to what, let other stupid drive home alone with her 2 kids? NICE! Stupid stupid stupid people !

Ugh, we went there last year with another couple :sad2: . The wife asked me if I liked Silver Dollar City better than Disney :lmao: . I diplomatically replied that they were very different and couldn't be compared. When pushed I said Disney (of course). She got really POed and didn't speak to me for hours :confused3

When Corey and Julie did the section about the airboat swamp ride and mentioned the gift shop I thought it sounded ,like something you would find in Branson :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter