Help Wanted: Another Princess Trip

Mommycat12

Earning My Ears
Hi :-) I'm planning for my daughters 5th b day trip to WDW, our dates are Sun 12/15- Wed 12/18. I would love some insight and advice on my current planning from Disboards WDW veterans. Any tips/hints/help will be greatly appreciated !!! Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post <3

Sunday: 11am arrival - No Park Day
1) Lunch and movie (and/or DS strolling) until we can check in.

2) 7pm Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare w/ Cindy & friends. (Want to move this to 6pm if possible later).

Monday: Epoct - All Day
1) 830am Akershus Breakfast w/ Princesses
Q: How early to do I need to get to Epcot for breakfast? Will this be early enough that I don't need FP for frozen ride after breakfast?

2) Meet ALL the Princesses around the world...
Q: Is this even possible??? What's your strategy or best way to go about meeting the "most" Princesses while in Epcot? (Rant: Why isn't there an Epcot master list to meet the Princesses in the most efficient way while traveling around Epcot? I've searched and found none. Found personalized park itenaries costing a min $25/day).

3) If we're too tired after chasing Princesses all day, we can skip the fireworks.

Tuesday: Magic Kingdom - We are not staying for MVVMCP
1) Early arrival (hopefully by 9am?)

2) Must See: Gaston, Princess Tiana, mermaid Ariel. Must Ride: Ariel, Belle Enchanted Castle, Mickeys 3d show, Buzz Lightyear.
-What should I definitely FP for? Any particular order/place I should go first?

3) 115pm Lunch @ Beast Castle (want to move earlier if available later).

4) 450pm Dinner @ Crystal Palace with Pooh & Friends (want to move this later if available later). Park closes at 6pm to us.
- Is this rsvp too soon after lunch? Should I cancel and try to do more rides/meet? (I think it will start to get crowded with all the party ppl entering?!?)
- Since we are not staying for MVVMCP, any non-park ideas for evening plans?

Wednesday: Hollywood Studios -Last Day
1) 10am Breakfast @ Bon Voyage w/ Prince/Princesses. Check out is at 11am, we will just pack all our stuff into car.

2) Late arrival to Hollywood Studios. Must do/see: Belle show, Ariel show, Toy Story ride. I will FP all 3.

3) Leave HS @ 630-7pm. Board departing flight.

I'm not sure of the other days as I've never hit HS (Hoping to next trip!) But for your MK day I 100% would grab fastpasses for the princess meet and greets (Tiana-rapunzel, and Ariel) and Enchanted Tales with Belle. Those go the fastest of the things you mentioned. The philharmagic show when I was there was always a walk in, and the under the sea ride never had too long of a wait because it is constantly loading. I'd make Buzz your next priority then try for a another after if you have time with that dining schedule, or use yournext to snag the other two princesses if your little one wants to see Cindy again and meet Elena.

Also if after Akershus you manage a Frozen fastpass it means you could jump in line for Anna and Elsa instead before they get a huge line so I'd still try for that FP. Remember to try to take it easy in Epcot and prioritize the princesses you really want. Lines are tiring, the sun likes to beat you up. You might miss a princess or two but sometimes it's better to sit and have an ice cream with a five year old so they don't get too overwhelmed.

I can tell you if you get to Epcot by 730am, security will go ahead and let anyone with an 8-830am breakfast reservation in a little before 8. Ours was at 815 and we were allowed in with several others in the 8-830 reservation range.-We were seated as soon as we got there, about 805, were done about 855, lined up for Frozen with no fast pass (one or two families at Akershus finished before we did and were ahead of us) were out of Frozen by 915 and lined up for Elsa and Anna meeting with a five minute wait. That Akershus breakfast reservation is GOLD! Good food, great character interaction, and Frozen plus Elsa and Anna all before 930!

I can tell you if you get to Epcot by 730am, security will go ahead and let anyone with an 8-830am breakfast reservation in a little before 8. Ours was at 815 and we were allowed in with several others in the 8-830 reservation range.-We were seated as soon as we got there, about 805, were done about 855, lined up for Frozen with no fast pass (one or two families at Akershus finished before we did and were ahead of us) were out of Frozen by 915 and lined up for Elsa and Anna meeting with a five minute wait. That Akershus breakfast reservation is GOLD! Good food, great character interaction, and Frozen plus Elsa and Anna all before 930!
This is great info! I will follow your morning plan for our morning @ Epcot. Thanks so much <3

I'm not sure of the other days as I've never hit HS (Hoping to next trip!) But for your MK day I 100% would grab fastpasses for the princess meet and greets (Tiana-rapunzel, and Ariel) and Enchanted Tales with Belle. Those go the fastest of the things you mentioned. The philharmagic show when I was there was always a walk in, and the under the sea ride never had too long of a wait because it is constantly loading. I'd make Buzz your next priority then try for a another after if you have time with that dining schedule, or use yournext to snag the other two princesses if your little one wants to see Cindy again and meet Elena.

Also if after Akershus you manage a Frozen fastpass it means you could jump in line for Anna and Elsa instead before they get a huge line so I'd still try for that FP. Remember to try to take it easy in Epcot and prioritize the princesses you really want. Lines are tiring, the sun likes to beat you up. You might miss a princess or two but sometimes it's better to sit and have an ice cream with a five year old so they don't get too overwhelmed.
Thanks for your help! Q: Do you think I will still need to FP "Princess Tiana/Rapuz" if we plan to go to the princess hall 1st thing in the morning? Wondering if the crowds/line be low enough w.o FP. Also, I will definitely remove some princesses from our Epcot schedule. This trip will be the hardest for the husband :P

For your MK day, Gaston begins meeting at 10, and is one of the most popular meet and greets (go figure!) I would line up by 945 at the latest. If you rope drop you should be able to ride Under the Sea and meet Ariel without a fast pass. Maybe get a fast pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle in the 9-10am timeframe, ride something else in Fantasyland (like Small World?)without a fast pass (don't count on it being Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan though!) then check out lines for Gaston nearby. You can fast pass Princess Fairytale Hall from 10-11-one side is Tiana and Rapunzel and the other side is Cinderella with a "surprise" princess- I'd do Tiana and Rapunzel as they aren't in any character meals regularly. Mickeys Philharmagic, the 3D show, never needs a fast pass. So you could then move on to Buzz with a fast pass at 11-12. Be sure to try for a fourth same day fast pass if you want to do something else before your 115 lunch at Beasts Castle (he won't be there, he is only there at dinner). I can tell you my grand kids enjoy Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and the People Mover in Tomorrowland, which never have long waits.

For your MK day, Gaston begins meeting at 10, and is one of the most popular meet and greets (go figure!) I would line up by 945 at the latest. If you rope drop you should be able to ride Under the Sea and meet Ariel without a fast pass. Maybe get a fast pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle in the 9-10am timeframe, ride something else in Fantasyland (like Small World?)without a fast pass (don't count on it being Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan though!) then check out lines for Gaston nearby. You can fast pass Princess Fairytale Hall from 10-11-one side is Tiana and Rapunzel and the other side is Cinderella with a "surprise" princess- I'd do Tiana and Rapunzel as they aren't in any character meals regularly. Mickeys Philharmagic, the 3D show, never needs a fast pass. So you could then move on to Buzz with a fast pass at 11-12. Be sure to try for a fourth same day fast pass if you want to do something else before your 115 lunch at Beasts Castle (he won't be there, he is only there at dinner). I can tell you my grand kids enjoy Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and the People Mover in Tomorrowland, which never have long waits.
Thanks for the tip on Gaston! Doors open at 9am. So we will have to find him quickly =) Sound like a must FP for the princess hall. Thank u to all for your help. It really help decrease my planning stress lvls, oxoxo

You can get a personalized trip plan by purchasing a $15..00 annual membership at touring plan. Don't know if it includes princess tours though. I'd check but my membership just lapsed and I haven't a current need for it at this time.

You can also do an individual search for princess sightings by name or park at disneygo.com and plug the times you like into your schedule.

HTH

You can get a personalized trip plan by purchasing a $15..00 annual membership at touring plan. Don't know if it includes princess tours though. I'd check but my membership just lapsed and I haven't a current need for it at this time.

You can also do an individual search for princess sightings by name or park at disneygo.com and plug the times you like into your schedule.

HTH
Thanks, will do! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!