Help w these slow-loading rides - Casey Jr, Storybook Canal, Nemo, Autopia

WendyWhy

Mouseketeer
Family of 5 going the first week of April - staying at GCH so we will have MM and planning 2 days at DL and 1 day at DCA we usually skip these rides bc I've had bad luck (long wait at Casey Jr/Storybook bc they have only 1 train/boat going) but our 3 yo is coming and I think she will love them...Autopia is a favorite w our older kids but even w FP that line is brutal...

I am wondering if there are veterans who have a good strategy to ride these without eating up too much time? For Nemo, Casey Jr and Storybook my DH will take the younger two and I will ride the thrill rides w our oldest.

I hop on Nemo early in the morning. Not a rush to it, but I'm not stopping to ride other things... Everyone else is heading towards the thrill rides, so Nemo and Autopia are short. That's my general plan with Casey as well.

I believe that Storybookland closes during parades. So, you may be able to catch it with a short line when it reopens after the parade. By the way, I think that Storybookland is one of the most underappreciated rides at DLR! I was fascinated by it as a small child and it has been one of my favorites ever since.

I believe that Storybookland closes during parades. So, you may be able to catch it with a short line when it reopens after the parade. By the way, I think that Storybookland is one of the most underappreciated rides at DLR! I was fascinated by it as a small child and it has been one of my favorites ever since.
Me too!
Family of 5 going the first week of April - staying at GCH so we will have MM and planning 2 days at DL and 1 day at DCA we usually skip these rides bc I've had bad luck (long wait at Casey Jr/Storybook bc they have only 1 train/boat going) but our 3 yo is coming and I think she will love them...Autopia is a favorite w our older kids but even w FP that line is brutal...

I am wondering if there are veterans who have a good strategy to ride these without eating up too much time? For Nemo, Casey Jr and Storybook my DH will take the younger two and I will ride the thrill rides w our oldest.
I believe SBLCB is not open during EMH? In fact I think it usually starts about an hour after regular park opening. Not sure about CJRR if it too is closed during EMH.

You can ride these though in the morning without long waits. FNSV too. Personally I would not do these during EMH but maybe soon after regular park opening. Except for SBLCB. Check the timing on those.

:wizard:

I love Storybook Land! I haven't ridden it in a while, but when I did, I just had to watch the wait times closely. I did it usually before noon, or just around noon. If it's under 30 minutes, you'll be on and off in a reasonable time. If it's more than that, then I would check back at a different time to do it. It's apparently really awesome during fireworks too.

Here's what I would probably do in your situation:

On the MM day:
  • devote MM to Fantasyland. Assuming you're in line at the main gate 20-30 min before MM begins, you can probably get on (in about this order) Dumbo, Alice, Mr Toad, Pinocchio, King Arthur Carousel, Snow White. Right when MM ends, go on Storybook Land Canal Boats. Then go on Casey Jr Circus Train.
On the other DL day (when you won't have MM entry):
  • again, be in line at main gate 20-30 min before reg park opening for DL.
  • Go on the Nemo submarine first.
  • THEN go on Autopia.

If you are willing to ride the subs at night, keep checking the app to see when the line is shorter. Sometimes the line can be surprisingly short at night. Recently, probably due to the cooler weather, we walked right up to the group in the loading area. Our only wait was for the next sub to arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter