Help w/ planning a DL trip

Sheric68

Earning My Ears
Hi - I'm new here and have a few questions to ask of all you DL experts! My DH, DD and I are planning a trip to DL in the spring. DD will be 8 at the time. My first question is, we would like to go around March 9th or so. We could go mid-end of February if we need to though. Is there any difference in crowd/cost between these two periods? How's the weather at this time?

Also we want to stay at the DL hotel on-site. I've heard the pool is pretty cool for kids and my daughter loves to swim so I've decided we will stay there. We would like to spend probably 3 full days in DL and also want to spend a day at Sea World. So I'm thinking we will stay a total of 4 nights to give ourselves enough time. Is it better to fly into SD and do Sea World and then drive up to DL or just stay in DL and take a shuttle to Sea World?

Also, I saw a post about the City pass from Costco that has the 3 day pass to DL, admission to Sea World, the zoo, etc. We could get these passes and possibly do the zoo too, but that might be trying to cram in too much stuff. We could maybe stay another night, I'm just not sure if it would be too much to try to do in a short time.

So, that brings me to my next question. Is it better to get trip components separate or to get a package deal? If we do a package, is it better to get the transportaion to SD or rent a car? Is there someplace to find out the specials available for that time? I'm not a AAA member but I would join if it helps. When should I be making reservations for a trip in Feb/March?

Whew! Sorry for the long first post - but thanks for any help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter