Help us plan our Disney Holiday please

Lea123

Earning My Ears
We have just booked December 2020 with virgin for our family of five from UK . Kids will be 12,9 and 6. Two weeks over Christmas yes it cost a fortune and yes we know it will be busy. 14 day passes to Disney and universal ( not too bothered about the others) we would like to visit all of these parks including water parks. Our car hire , villa included, flights and insurances are now all paid. We would like advice on what to include in our itinerary and where to go for a traditional but magical Christmas lunch and Christmas Eve dinner? Which are the best fireworks etc?
What would your plan be it’s a once in a lifetime trip for us so want to get it right and book reservations due to time of year? We are happy to do some cheap eats, some food in the villa and some meals out. Approx 4K spends inclusive of car parks, tips, food and souvenirs.

Maybe 3 or 4 evenings out max as we will be tired and want to make use of pool etc. Plan to use Disney springs on last day to do the shopping and relaxed check in.

Daughter is coeliac so happy to take some lunches/ snacks with us but would like to also access restaurants in and out of resort. I’m overwhelmed where to start eeekkk please tell me what your plan would be those that have been or have inside info?

4k GBP or USD. It really all depends on how you like to eat. My family does a big steak dinner on Christmas Eve, for that I would go to Charley's. But that is very expensive.

For your daughter, in the US it is spelled Celiac, looks like the same pronunciation though. Almost everywhere has Gluten free options and most places list them on the menu pretty conspicuously.

4k GBP or USD. It really all depends on how you like to eat. My family does a big steak dinner on Christmas Eve, for that I would go to Charley's. But that is very expensive.

For your daughter, in the US it is spelled Celiac, looks like the same pronunciation though. Almost everywhere has Gluten free options and most places list them on the menu pretty conspicuously.
£4000 pounds - that’s good about the celiac she will be happy 😃

Lea, Hi! I understand everything is probably overwhelming getting ready for your trip. The best thing that I did before our trips was to make a plan of what each of the family absolutely HAD to experience in order for them to say they had a good trip. Then we would try and hit those things the first thing. Crowds will be crazy during that time, but if you make a strict plan and stay with it, you can manage it. Allears.net and touring plans.com are good places to start. Touring plans will help you decided on which park at which day has the highest population. If you are staying on property, take advantage of the extra magic hours before and after a park opens/closes. There are so many things that you can do to make the visit more enjoyable, most importantly, plan, plan, plan. Find the maps, go over it with your children and then see the times/waits and make a plan. Mid days are the worst so plan on taking a nap then or a rest back at the hotel pool. Fireworks are hands down better at Disney. Be at the park of your choice at rope drop and race to the ride that tops your list. You should be able to get in three or four rides before it becomes too packed. Then at mid day, leave the crush of people for a rest. Plan on going back to the part in late afternoon and staying until they kick you out.

I'm sorry if this seems rushed, I'm at work. I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip!

Wendy

I found this plan that someone else had made. It helps to break it down like this when planning your days.

4523261573652488942.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter