Help! Two different ticket types and my head is wrecked.

Good to know. Two very important points - CM handled it well - which is fantastic.

"It happens all the time" - very troubling
Agree! I think this must be a common issue. CM seemed totally unfazed by it. I’m surprised they don’t have a way to separate different tickets within the same MDE account, but I am guessing this is something they may need to invest some manpower towards figuring out. There has to be an easier way!

Last edited:
I'm so happy it worked out for you! It sounds like @4kids4karen 's idea of adding dummy people instead of a dummy MDX would have worked better for you.

I'm so happy it worked out for you! It sounds like @4kids4karen 's idea of adding dummy people instead of a dummy MDX would have worked better for you.

But within the dummy MDE account I did have 6 dummy people listed, and the after 5 ticket was assigned to each one of them. For example, John Doe was linked to the after 5 ticket in that separate account. He had his 3 FP booked at AK after 5pm. But, John Smith (technically same person), had the 3-day ticket and all his FP were linked to the 3-day ticket in a different MDE account.

I linked these two accounts together through the family and friends option where you can invite family to share itineraries to book FP together easily, and this I think is what caused the problem. I’m still not sure how, but I learned my lesson either way!

I'm so glad they fixed it for you!

Yes, I've always had it work going to my Disney hotel's concierge and/or Guest Relations at the parks and having them prioritize them for me... and I figure if it ever doesn't work, that's on them. lol

But within the dummy MDE account I did have 6 dummy people listed, and the after 5 ticket was assigned to each one of them. For example, John Doe was linked to the after 5 ticket in that separate account. He had his 3 FP booked at AK after 5pm. But, John Smith (technically same person), had the 3-day ticket and all his FP were linked to the 3-day ticket in a different MDE account.

I linked these two accounts together through the family and friends option where you can invite family to share itineraries to book FP together easily, and this I think is what caused the problem. I’m still not sure how, but I learned my lesson either way!
Thanks for sharing your story. I would love to know what went wrong because it does seem as if it should have worked if each after 5 ticket was linked to a dummy person.

Thanks for sharing your story. I would love to know what went wrong because it does seem as if it should have worked if each after 5 ticket was linked to a dummy person.
It sounds like all the first names were the same and the kid’s birthdays matched up. If registering a second-fake MDX account, there was no reason to link it...it would have been easier to have a family of truly fake names added on to the original MDX account than to risk an unwanted merging of Profiles.

It sounds like all the first names were the same and the kid’s birthdays matched up. If registering a second-fake MDX account, there was no reason to link it...it would have been easier to have a family of truly fake names added on to the original MDX account than to risk an unwanted merging of Profiles.

Right, I think linking the profiles is really where my problems started.. I actually abbreviated all of our first and middle names in the dummy account. So instead of John Doe, I did JM Doe. Can’t specifically remember what I did for birthdays, but I am almost certain I did different ones (I’ll have to login and check now‍). I wanted to keep the “identities” clearly separate.

I guess I linked the accounts for convenience so I could see all the fastpass easily in one place, and honestly didn’t think there was any chance the tickets would get confused based on the precautions I took.

Obviously it may have been easier to add these dummy names in the original MDE account, but I can’t see how this would have made any difference when I was actually scanning the tickets. I think I would have run the same risk with the prioritization of tickets issue. ‍♀️

Thanks for the update. We have a similar issue with my daughter. We are going down with a dance group and my daughter will have a card with single park tickets for the portion we are staying with the group, plus a magic band with a park hopper for the other days when we are just there as a family. Do you think we will need to go to the concierge morning for her to make sure the right ticket is being used?

Thanks for the update. We have a similar issue with my daughter. We are going down with a dance group and my daughter will have a card with single park tickets for the portion we are staying with the group, plus a magic band with a park hopper for the other days when we are just there as a family. Do you think we will need to go to the concierge morning for her to make sure the right ticket is being used?

If her "Dance Tickets" are NOT ADDED INTO her/your MDX account, (if you cannot "see" her dance tickets in her/your MDX account) and only the CARDS are used at the park gates, then there is no chance that the wrong tickets can be used at the parks.

However, if her "Dance Tickets" ARE seen in her/your MDX account, then you will need to have a CM set the correct PRIORITY of the tickets.

I would go to concierge/guest relations. It won’t take long. If you don’t link that ticket to an MDX account, you can’t make fastpass plans in advance of her visit.

Thanks for the update OP! I have 2-day(not PH) tickets and complimentary 1 day PH tickets so I plan on going right to guest services when we arrive to have them prioritized

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter