Help please! Room request for Grand Californian

SqZ

Earning My Ears
Hi folks - happy Saturday! Thank you in advance for your advice. I am a first time poster and long time reader and hoping for some help/advice.

I am annual pass holder and have a premium view room booked at the grand Californian coming up shortly. The CM on the phone told me I could book a specific room.

Our daughter has some unique needs so sometimes seeing the park rather than being in the park is less overwhelming.

I am looking for a premium view:
⁃ park view NOT pool view
⁃ Higher floor if possible
⁃ Walk matters less than view - a pool view would not be worth it for a short walk

Does anyone have a block of rooms or number that you’d suggest I book?

Thanks again!

Do NOT asked for a specific room number or set of room numbers. If they’re already assigned the room assigner can’t give it to you & won’t know why you wanted those rooms.

I can’t specify what to request as I’m not familiar with those view rooms but I’m sure others can.

You could still end up with a pool view so be mentally ready for that.

I am looking for a premium view:
⁃ Walk matters less than view - a pool view would not be worth it for a short walk

Does anyone have a block of rooms or number that you’d suggest I book?

Thanks again!
You could request rooms in the 400s, even numbered rooms. But I agree with Pluto, explain your preferences. Floors 5 and 6 are generally held for Club level, but even 4th floor should have a decent view.

They cannot guarantee a specific room, but can try to block you into a specific type. I am surprised the CM said you could book a specific room, as that is supposedly not allowed (a specific type yes, specific room, no. There are only about 100 rooms that have a decent view of the park.)

We always put in a request for a room in the 5434 area, it is a premium view category, park view, it is right in front of grizzly rapids and the monorail goes right by the room, you can see Guardians and hear the music from soarin. We usually note it on the reservation and also call a week before, it also helps that we check in very early morning.

...I am annual pass holder and have a premium view room booked at the grand Californian coming up shortly. The CM on the phone told me I could book a specific room...
Premium view gives you the best chance for a Park view. Park and Pool were separate types, but are now combined into Premium view. It is not possible to book specific rooms (except signature suites), but you may request specific areas or blocks of rooms.

Early check-in is helpful with room assignments. Make it clear you are willing to wait for a better view.
...I am looking for a premium view:
GCH floorplan with all Premium view rooms colored:
The floors in various areas are listed, but Premium view is likely only 4, 5, 6
RED -- Pool view (floors 2-6)
BLUE -- Park view (floors 2-5)
GREEN -- Park view (floors 3-6)
YELLOW -- Park view (floors 3-5)
ORANGE -- Park view (floors 1-5)
gch_premium.jpg

Rooms on the East side (blue, green, yellow) will have a view of Grizzly Peak, a scenic view and relatively quiet.
View for 5333:
gch_5333_1.jpggch_5333_2.jpg
Rooms on the South side (orange) will have a view of Pixar Pier, with more park "action"
View from 4240:
gch_4240.jpg

If the walk isn't an issue, and you want a great park view, you might consider a premium view room at the PPH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter