• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help please dining questions

Alex Aymar

Earning My Ears
Okay so I haven't cruised with royal in twelve years I'm really confused about the dining. What does specialty dining include is there a package you can buy and if so how much is it ? Is Jonny rockets included. It it matters I'm looking to go on the oasis of the seas or the harmony of the seas. One other question can you do a back to back cruise on royal like Disney and how does that work. Thank you

Depending on the specialty restaurant - it is different prices - if you want a dinner reservation for a specialty restaurant - book this ahead of time...Johnny Rockets we had no issues getting a table...

You can definitely do a back to back. It works basically the same way as on Disney; the people we met who were doing that were informed of a meeting the last night, they went and found out exactly how it would work the next morning. Just like on Disney, although they have procedures that allow you to come back onto the ship quickly, it still is a separate cruise, so OBC and charges, etc, have to be closed out for the first cruise then restarted for the second.

Okay so I haven't cruised with royal in twelve years I'm really confused about the dining. What does specialty dining include is there a package you can buy and if so how much is it ? Is Jonny rockets included. It it matters I'm looking to go on the oasis of the seas or the harmony of the seas. One other question can you do a back to back cruise on royal like Disney and how does that work. Thank you

While RCL would like you to pre-book your specialty dining before you board, they have a package available if you wait and book once you're on board that gives you a discount (in OBC) - the more specialty restaurants you book, the bigger the discount. JR's has a small cover charge ($5-6pp), but the food is free.

There's a legendary RCL cruiser called "super Mario" who is only off their ships for about 2 weeks a year, and we've met people who were in the midst of a b2b2b2b

Depending on the specialty restaurant - it is different prices - if you want a dinner reservation for a specialty restaurant - book this ahead of time...Johnny Rockets we had no issues getting a table...

I have been trying to make reservations ever since I booked this cruise a couple weeks ago. Each time I try, the website tells me that it is unable to make reservations and to try onboard. We don't sail until March. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a bug on the website? Do I have to be paid in full? Is it too far away? Are reservations all sold out?

I have been trying to make reservations ever since I booked this cruise a couple weeks ago. Each time I try, the website tells me that it is unable to make reservations and to try onboard. We don't sail until March. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a bug on the website? Do I have to be paid in full? Is it too far away? Are reservations all sold out?
Royal doesn't open up their reservations until ~90 days before departure.

Thanks. It would be nice if their website would give that message instead of the one telling me to book onboard.
If I started making a list about all the things RCL needs to fix on its website, I'd be typing for a while ;)

We're 100 days out from our NYE cruise on Brilliance, and dining reservations just opened up this morning.

If I started making a list about all the things RCL needs to fix on its website, I'd be typing for a while ;)

We're 100 days out from our NYE cruise on Brilliance, and dining reservations just opened up this morning.

I am starting to notice the website issues. I was checking stuff out for about an hour last night and kept running into problems. DCL website has many issues also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter