Help please!! Cost of dialysis in usa?

poppyears

Mouseketeer
Hi thinking of going to USA but will have to pay for my husbands dialysis, can anyone help please. Does anyone know the going rate for the cost of dialysis in Orlando?

I don't know how much it will be, but you should expect it to be really expensive. Your home dialysis center usually has a financial planner or a social worker who can help you schedule hemodialysis. The cost will also depend on what country you are coming from. For example, I know in Canada patients are reimbursed later for part of their expenses.
I'm on dialysis but i have private insurance so I can't tell you how much it costs. Sorry.

I am on peritoneal dialysis, so I carry my cycler with me. I was on hemo for about 6 months and the bills, which were thankfully covered by my insurance, were about $2K/day. Talk to the social worker at your husband's center. They deal with people traveling all the time and may be able to help you. Good luck!

My mom is on dialysis and I pulled out one of her Medicare statements. The dialysis center bills about $237 per treatment, but they may not charge that much if you are paying privately. This includes everything - syringes, epoetin, iron and dialysis. If he doesn't get epoetin and iron, it would run about $160 per treatment.

My mom is on dialysis and I pulled out one of her Medicare statements. The dialysis center bills about $237 per treatment, but they may not charge that much if you are paying privately. This includes everything - syringes, epoetin, iron and dialysis. If he doesn't get epoetin and iron, it would run about $160 per treatment.

Thanks for all the replys.
I think as we are from UK we would bring epo, iron, needles (he button holes and has special needles ordered from USA as has very long arms, he would want to keep the button holes going) and his filters so hopefully the $160 is the sort of price we would be looking at.

Trying to find a good deal at mo and then need to look at possible cost of insurance.
Many thanks angain you have all given me some hope.

Most US dialysis centers are aware of or use buttonholes. Costs are hard ot pin down as each center will be slightly different and what is charged to Medicare is not the same as it would be for a private payer. There are a few travel agencies that specialize in holiday travel for dialysis users. Or maybe another place of opinions is www.Ihatedialysis.com forums. People from all over the world post there and I know of a few that had the travel bug could share their experiences.

I read the UK will soon have the benefit of NxStage to use, dialyze at home and travel without worry "where will I get treatment? and how much does it cost?". You take it with you. My dh has been using the system for 2 years and we love it!:cool1:

I'll second that the buttonholes shouldn't be a problem. I have buttonholes too.

Here's a thread from Ihatedialysis (I'm a member there too--same username) that has some info that might help you. It's not specifically about Florida, but it does have some resources and some cost estimates.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post some recent information I got for those who are researching and find this thread. I contacted Central Florida Kidney Centres with this exact question. Janet there was able to find out for me that each session would be $500 US. This is 2012 prices. Probably by the time I go, it will be more, but it's a starting point for planning. Hope it helps someone else!

Hi thinking of going to USA but will have to pay for my husbands dialysis, can anyone help please. Does anyone know the going rate for the cost of dialysis in Orlando?
Hi,

Need help with this. How was your experience with Dialysis in US ? I am in similar situation, I want to bring my father to US for short time and looking for option of dialysis in US.

Hi,

Need help with this. How was your experience with Dialysis in US ? I am in similar situation, I want to bring my father to US for short time and looking for option of dialysis in US.

:welcome: preta!

This is an old thread, and the cost of healthcare in the US has increased considerably year-over-year, so I would not necessarily trust the cost estimates previously posted here. From where are you traveling? Is it possible to have his dialysis center or case worker from home help with arrangements for your trip?

Others may be able to share some estimates. Most people in the US have insurance that helps pay, and the rates charged may be as per their specific insurance plan contracts with the dialysis center. The “cash” rate for healthcare tends to be higher than insurance contracted rates.

Enjoy your vacation!

As others have said, it's hard to know for sure. But my husband's dialysis was roughly $1,000 per treatment. Davita dialysis in Celebration is close, but they are fairly booked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter