Help planning 4 days in the LA area

hmnec

Mouseketeer
we have Saturday-Tuesday (7/21-24 and part of 7/25) in the LA area.
Right now we’re booked at an Anaheim hotel for 3 nights 7/22-25 and would like to do 3 days at Disney.
We need a recommendation for a town the other 2 nights - thinking Long Beach
Or should we split up the 3 Disney days?
One daughter Would like to see the Hollywood sign/walk of fame but other than that we’re flexible

Suggestions?

There isn't really much of substance in Long Beach unless you are going to Catalina or planning on spending a LOT of time at the aquarium. It's not that much closer to LA to justify switching hotels.

If I were doing the LA area I would want a hotel up there, depending on exactly what you want to do beyond the Hollywood area. It could easily take you an hour and a half each way from Orange County/Anaheim. Maybe stay on the northern side of LA or Burbank? Will you have a car?

How old is your daughter? Would she be into Griffith Observatory (La La Land) or the LA Zoo? The Warner Bros. Studio tour? All of those are in the same general part of town as the Hollywood area. The beach is a little farther but there are many choices.

PHXscuba

There isn't really much of substance in Long Beach unless you are going to Catalina or planning on spending a LOT of time at the aquarium. It's not that much closer to LA to justify switching hotels.

If I were doing the LA area I would want a hotel up there, depending on exactly what you want to do beyond the Hollywood area. It could easily take you an hour and a half each way from Orange County/Anaheim. Maybe stay on the northern side of LA or Burbank? Will you have a car?

How old is your daughter? Would she be into Griffith Observatory (La La Land) or the LA Zoo? The Warner Bros. Studio tour? All of those are in the same general part of town as the Hollywood area. The beach is a little farther but there are many choices.

PHXscuba

We will have a car
My daughter is 11. I assumed we’d do Griffith Observatory. Not sure about studio tours. We’re planning San Diego zoo so I don’t think we’ll do LA’s zoo.
Maybe Santa Monica pier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter