Help Pick the Best Vacation Club Resort

I can understand want to stay on property the night before a DCL Cruise, we do! I would probably pick a dedicated two bedroom at SSR and enjoy Disney Springs.

You won't get BWV standard view at this point - so if you are looking towards BW because its cheaper, I wouldn't. I would probably stay out at VAKL, the room setup for your group is MUCH better. Three bathrooms - and they are all nice. Two real beds in a dedicated room. I own at BW and love it, but not for the room layout. The lack of two real beds in the second bedroom. The strange bathroom setup (which works fine when you have kids. Plus, VAKL is an immersive experience, BWV has become frankly, a standard room for hire.

You won't get BWV standard view at this point - so if you are looking towards BW because its cheaper, I wouldn't. I would probably stay out at VAKL, the room setup for your group is MUCH better. Three bathrooms - and they are all nice. Two real beds in a dedicated room. I own at BW and love it, but not for the room layout. The lack of two real beds in the second bedroom. The strange bathroom setup (which works fine when you have kids. Plus, VAKL is an immersive experience, BWV has become frankly, a standard room for hire.
VAKL? Maybe I'm obtuse but which resort is this? Animal Kingdom?

We just booked a Nov 4 day cruise and I was able to get a stand view studio at BWV (where we own) for the 3 days before the cruise. But we plan to go into Epcot for F&W. If we weren't doing ANY parks, I likely would have just booked SSR studio for 2 nights before the cruise. And DH and I would just pop in/out of DS for drinking and eating. If a larger group, like with our 20-something kids or in laws, I'd prob do AKV Kidani for the extra bathroom (plus the animal viewing and great dining venues).

I would either go for Animal Kingdom for the ambiance or Saratoga Springs to be close Disney Springs. It might be tough to get into Boardwalk with Food and Wine going on.

I would just book 2 Old Key West studios. You can take the boat to Disney Springs and they only cost 10-14 points a room. They have two queen beds in each room, so nobody will have to sleep on a pull out.

For adult children either Boardwalk (regardless of whether you hit the parks or not). It's nighttime atmosphere, Jelly Rolls clubs, ESPN etc. is fun. Walking distance to Fantasia miniature golf...and so on. Just a more adult DVC. My second choice as mentioned here is SSR. Disney Springs has everything....shopping, restaurants, movie theaters, bowling, etc. I kept my contracts at both for exactly this reason...adult children!

As others have said, the layout isn't better than other two bedroom units. I own at boardwalk, but I own there because of location plus low point chart. The bedroom layout isn't all that great. For boardwalk, you will have to pay a premium to book early enough to get a room. If location doesn't matter, 100% OKW. The rooms are bigger and if you manage to get a dedicated 2-bedroom unit you have two real queen beds. The cost per point to book OKW will also be lower if you're booking between 11 and 7 months and you stand a better chance of getting a room during a busier season than you do at boardwalk.
At OKW all 2 bedrooms, dedicated and lock off will have 3 real beds. I would say either OKW or SSR. Both close to Disney Springs. Lots to do there and have better room layouts.

if being close to the parks is not a priority you might want to look at a tree house villa (SSR) they are 3 bedrooms, which works unless you do not have some shorter people for the bunk beds or do not mind the couches. If you do I would suggest packing carry ons for one night and just leave your main luggaage at SSR check in.

Near the bridge or boat dock give good access to downtown disney That time of year they are only 1 pt more than the prefered 2br and avalabilty is good even aftrer the 7 month mark which can cost lesss when renting

Good choice, TheBigErn. Lots to do and a great ambiance if not going to a park. The pool is great as are the restaurants (especially for 6 adults) - Go to Boma, something for everyone. Don't forget to go to the Lookout over the savannah after dark to use the infra red goggly things. The kids will sort themselves out as to where they prefer to sleep. Waking up to animals outside your room is wonderful. I took countless pictures this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter