Help on logistics/lodging day of arrival

cgh

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Europe for the first time with our kids (5 and 10) and planning on stopping by Disneyland Paris before heading to Normandy. Our plan, the day of our arrival is to drive straight to DLP, spend the afternoon in the park, have dinner, and do an early bedtme.

Due to my son's severe food allergies, we need to eat at the Rainforest Cafe in the Disney Villages.

I'm sure the kids will be exhausted and running on fumes.

1. Is our only bet to walk to the park and Disney Villages to stay at the Disneyland hotel?
2. If we don't stay at the Disneyland Hotel, would we need to (!) drive to the park (2) drive to the disney villages then (3) drive to our hotel?
3. For any parking discounts at Disneyland Paris do we need to stop at our hotel first, or can we show documentation of our hotel reservation to get the discount?
4. What hotels can sleep 5? Our kids turn every which way in bed so the thought of sharing a double bed with either of them makes us think that no-one will sleep.

Thanks for your help!

1. You can walk to Disney Village and the park from all Disney hotels, it doesn't necessarily have to be the Disneyland Hotel. It is the closest, the others (depending on walking speed) are 5 - 20 minutes for the other hotels.
2. For the other Disney owned hotels there are also buses, but I prefer to walk, it's nice to unwind, the pathways are safe, nice and roomy, and in my opinion better than waiting and being stuffed in a bus ;-), but if you have a car, that would work too, of course.
For the Davy Crockett Ranch and the Village D'Nature I would use your own car.
If you are staying offsite at one of the good neighbour good hotels, they all have buses.
If you are staying in Val D'Europe, Bussy St. Georges or Torcy (villages near DLP on the subway route), either take the subway or check if they offer shuttle buses etc. From Val D'Europe some say you could walk, but I wouldn't do it.
3. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they allow the reservation, maybe others can give their opinion.
4. I think several Disney hotels have family rooms which can accomodate 5 people, however this means 2 double beds and one sleeper sofa. If you want at least 4 beds so all kids can sleep in their own bed, I think you will have to go to the Davy Crockett Ranch. Or book 2 rooms.

Last edited:

First time visitors from the US for us and we think everything is very walkable. We are staying at Newport Bay. One example, we left Newport 13 minutes before our BTMR Fastpass was going to expire. We made it from the hotel to the ride queue in 20 minutes, and we were not speed walking nor running (we had our 10 year old with us). And yes they let us on even though we were a few minutes late. Getting in and out of the parks is super quick and easy and Disney Village is very close. We’ve popped out quickly to eat at Rainforest and then head right back in as well.

Newport Bay, Sequoia and NY are all easy walks to Disney Village (although, farther away from the parks, but still very walk-able).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!