~~~ Help-October vs. November on the Wonder?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
We are currently booked on our 1st cruise on the Wonder for Oct. 2010. The in-laws would like to come along for their 1st Disney cruise(it's our 2nd, we've cruised once on the Magic) but want to sail in mid- Nov. instead of mid-Oct.
I'm concerned about the weather. I've heard Nov. can be pretty rough and not as warm. Any input's appreciated!:goodvibes

OK, it's not going to be QUITE as warm, but there is more variation from one week to the next than you can say as a blanket "which month is better."

For example, MOST Feb. cruises have highs in the high 70s or low 80s, but an occasional week will have highs in the 50s (and I've experienced both.) MOST weeks in November will have highs in the 80s, but that doesn't mean you can't get a cool week. I've been to WDW in July and had it be so hot that I couldn't stand to be outside...but on our last July trip it was very pleasant.

Technically both months are in hurricane season, but mid-November is getting to the end of those issues. Again, either month has the potential for rough seas, but it's not a big issue most of the time. The ship had great stabilizers, and since you are "Wonder"ing, you're not concerned about it being too rough for a tender port. I'd go with what works best for your family (whether you decide that means nuclear or extended family!)

Thanks kcashner!
Anyone else have experience with Oct. vs. Nov???

We sailed the week before Thanksgiving last November and it was downright chilly!! I personally would have been happy to not go in the water, I DDs did only because they were so excited, but it was far too cold on the ship to even swim in the pools. And keep in mind we are from Minnesota, so we are "used to" cold weather.

We are getting ready to sail in 12 days...I am hoping that October is better...but I can say, we have been to Disney (parks and cruise) several times in October and always had beautiful weather...now November, we were FREEZING.

But like the PP said, anything can happen. Good luck on your decision.

We sailed the week before Thanksgiving last November and it was downright chilly!! I personally would have been happy to not go in the water, I DDs did only because they were so excited, but it was far too cold on the ship to even swim in the pools. And keep in mind we are from Minnesota, so we are "used to" cold weather.

We are getting ready to sail in 12 days...I am hoping that October is better...but I can say, we have been to Disney (parks and cruise) several times in October and always had beautiful weather...now November, we were FREEZING.

But like the PP said, anything can happen. Good luck on your decision.
That's what I'm afraid of...we'd be cruising the week before Thanksgiving as well. My in-laws want to go then so we can go to the parks before the cruise, they've never been to the parks either!

That's what I'm afraid of...we'd be cruising the week before Thanksgiving as well. My in-laws want to go then so we can go to the parks before the cruise, they've never been to the parks either!

We followed Tour Guide Mike, and he SAID it wouldn't be bad that week before Thanksgiving, man was he WRONG, busiest I think I have ever seen it there...and with it cold, it made it WORSE. I personally would go for October, the Halloween party is AWESOME.

We followed Tour Guide Mike, and he SAID it wouldn't be bad that week before Thanksgiving, man was he WRONG, busiest I think I have ever seen it there...and with it cold, it made it WORSE. I personally would go for October, the Halloween party is AWESOME.
We'd actually go to the parks the 2nd week and the cruise the 3rd week..so maybe the parks aren't as busy the 2nd week of November? My MIL is afraid it will be too hot for her in October and lords knows if the MIL isn't happy than no one is happy!;) I on the other hand I am afraid the cruise will be too cold in November.:confused3

We'd actually go to the parks the 2nd week and the cruise the 3rd week..so maybe the parks aren't as busy the 2nd week of November? My MIL is afraid it will be too hot for her in October and lords knows if the MIL isn't happy than no one is happy!;) I on the other hand I am afraid the cruise will be too cold in November.:confused3

:rotfl2:LMAO:rotfl2: I am SO fortunate to not have to travel with my inlaws (or should I say OUTlaws)...man bless you for doing it.

Anytime at Disney is great. And who am I to complain about cold, we just booked Alaska for July 2011!

October at WDW is totally beautiful. The MK is decorated even if you choose not to do the Halloween Party night. THe weather is lovely--you don't have the humidity of the summer. Most evenings are still warm, but take a sweater just in case.

To add some counterpoint to this discussion:
We sailed in early December and we were very warm at WDW and loved the weather on the ship (3 day, so Nassau and CC). So, it's really just a hit or miss on if you get an exception to the "it's always warm" rule.

Weather is also relative. On our upcoming cruise, the weather will be "cooler" by degrees, but the humidity will be outrageous compared to our desert climate, so I know it'll feel just as hot, if not hotter than, our 100 degree weather we've got right now. But, you would be coming from Pennsylvania, where Fall occurs when it's supposed to. Compared to that, both October and November will be warmer than what you're coming from.

Good luck making your decision. No matter what, you'll still be cruising Disney style and it's bound to be great!

We've sailed in September, October and November. On the November trip, it was too chilly to swim at Castaway Cay, so now we stick to September and October for our cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!