~HELP~ Need to be reassured about POR/POFQ~~

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
I've been reading some shady reviews lately about the POR/POFQ. It is like I read a few good, then come the really not so good about dirty rooms, the rooms needing refurbished, things broken, sink handles falling off, outlets not working, etc. The positives are how lovely the resorts are and the POFQ being small and quaint but the rooms don't seem to get rave reviews. Staying in a moderate would save some extra money for lots of other fun stuff so that is why we still have the moderates in our resort choices but.............I'm also leaning towards the deluxes like WL, AKL and BEACH/YACHT Club. I've read alot of reviews on not so great mousekeeping going on. If anyone has been to either resort VERY recently and would like to share their views and pictures, I would appreciate it. Thanks:worship:

I just got back on the 25th from POFQ and had a wonderful stay!!!!

Here was our river view from our 3rd floor room in building 2

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

We had a grand gathering in November and our party was split between POR & POFQ. We had no dirty rooms or any issues with the rooms at all.

If fact, we really liked the layout of POFQ - small and easy to get around.

I've stayed at POR, it's a lovely, relaxing resort. We really enjoyed our visit there-Aug 07, so it was fairly recently. :goodvibes

Don't know what/where you've been reading that gave a long list of concerns, but nothing you've noted as a "potential problem" was remotely an issue during our stay. :confused:

Tripadvisor site reviews and like I've said, there would be some good but then the ones that were bad, were pretty bad and just left little to be desired but I'm sure all the resorts have had their share of good/bad reviews and I'll have to go and see for myself but it was a little discouraging like I said but good to hear about GOOD REPORTS from there:thumbsup2 I know anyhow, if I walk into a room and it isn't up to par, I'll be notifying someone and switching rooms anyhow, LOL;)

PS
I'm going to try and adapt, the you can't believe everything you read concept, LOL That is the only way I'll survive with picking a resort:rotfl:

We stayed at POR in October, and had no problems with our room being dirty or with broken fixtures. Both POR and POFQ are lovely resorts, but I am a little more partial to POR.

Don't base where you want to stay on any housekeeping reviews. They all have problems from time to time. If you think you would like the amenities of a deluxe, then choose one of those resorts. The Beach Club is great if you like to spends lots of time at Epcot. :thumbsup2

We have stayed at both POFQ and POR and really liked them both although we lean more towards POR. We have never had any problems at either of them. At POR riverside, we stayed in Alligator Bayou and enjoyed the theming, the pool and the restaurant.

We've stayed there twice, once in '05 and then again in '06. The only reason we're staying at a different resort this trip is because POR was booked solid.

We loved it both times and never had any problems with the rooms.

Florida2005001.jpg

Florida2005003.jpg

Just remember; it seems more people love to complain and tear things down than love to talk about how great something was. At least that's been my experience in life. :confused3

Just came back from POR on the 27th. I absolutely LOVED IT!!!!! I had stayed there ten years ago in the mansions section and this time was in Alligator Bayou building 26. It was so quiet and pretty in that section. Although the resort is spread out and definitely large, we didn't mind walking to the bus stop or the food court. We had great bus service and never waited more than ten minutes at anytime. The room was really cute and although it probably could use a rehab soon, it was clean. This was an adults only trip and everyone really loved the resort.

As for POFQ we stayed there last February and will be there again in April with my four year old daughter. I really am torn between liking POR or POFQ better. They are both fantastic in their own way. With children I think FQ is the best choice due to the theming and the size.

I prefer a resort with exterior corridors, so it is a no-brainer for me - I would definitely stay at PO (either one) instead of a deluxe and spend the money elsewhere.

Don't pay too much attention to negative reviews. Some people can never be pleased no matter what!!!!

My wife and children loved riverside. It was very clean, and had very short walks to the pool. I would go back again. I do recommend staying there.

I've stayed at both POR and POFQ and loved both of them. Our building at POR was a long walk from the main building but that was our only complaint. At POFQ, everything is close. I love the setting on the river - it's lovely to walk along the path early in the morning or take the boat to DTD in the evening and smell the jasmine. Do consider taking one of the horse-drawn carriage rides, too!

Teresa

We just got back from POR sat. Feb 2nd. I cannot speak fro french quarter because we did not stay there. Our room was building 14 i the alligator bayou section . It was not dirty . I found it to be very nice and relaxing. We enjoyed the beautiful view of the river and ducks in the morning. The boat ride to downtown was very nice also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter