Help! Need advice on how to start.

annabellehope

Earning My Ears
Hello All!
I am currently a first year at a private college in Maryland who has no idea how to approach the Disney college program. My school is absolutely no help and it is so small that I am not sure anyone here has dome the dcp. I go to Goucher college. I am just wondering how many credits y’all achieved in the DCP. right now I am heavily interested in education and business so anyone with an education Major did the DCP help?

On top of that I also have a chronic lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis. Thankfully I am quite healthy and I am also a college athlete. I was wondering if anyone has gone about doing the DCP with CF or any other kind of disease. Am I correct that there Is. A summer session so I don’t have to miss out on my season? I absolutely love Disney and it would be a dream to be able to do the DCP. I am just very lost on whether I’d be able to or how to go about starting this process. i am looking for some advice for some people who may have had a similar experience. Any advice on the housing and accommodations that are offered would be wonderful.

as you can probably tell I have an insane amount of questions and have no idea how to approach this process. Any advice would be amazing! Thank you guys :)

First step is to go to the programs website- there is a lot of information on it. It will answer a lot of your questions. Only your college can answer if you would get credit. For my daughter, she is only getting credit for an internship- since her major is hospitality. Some kids can take a few classes online from their college, while doing the program. You also need to consider scholarship or loans- anything that might get messed up by taking a semester off from school.

As far as your health- you are on the east coast, so you deal with humidity- but it's much worse in FL as is the mold and seasonal allergies as well- just things to keep in mind.

If you can't make it work while you are in school, you can apply the last semester before you graduate and do the program after graduation.

As far as your health- you are on the east coast, so you deal with humidity- but it's much worse in FL as is the mold and seasonal allergies as well- just things to keep in mind.
As a fellow Marylander (St. Mary’s County) I would say that since you’re already near water in Baltimore, it’s not THAT much worse. It can get quite hot and humid here in the summer. But it’s not as moldy here. That may end up being the bigger issue. Plus the pollen count in MD has been ridiculous these last 5 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter