Help my plan my HS morning

otten

DIS Veteran
Our original plan for HS and Toy Story Land were stymied by EMM not being offered on May 1st so now I’m trying to figure out how to plan our day there, in particular the morning. We shouldn’t have trouble getting FP for SDD because our HS day is several days into our trip. How early do we need to arrive for rope drop to get on AS2 and TSMM with reasonable waits? Can I sign up for Jedi training before getting in line for one of those or should we do those rides first and then sign up?

Thanks

My rope drop strategy in general is to arrive at the park roughly 1.5 hours (but at least 1 hour) before park opening. That gives you plenty of time to get through bag check/ security and then be at the front of the RD crowd.

I would do the rides at TSL first, and then go right over to Jedi Training. Unless you need a very specific time slot or want to be in the first show of the day, you no longer need to rush right over immediately at park opening. This could very well change as we get closer to SWGE opening but for right now it's consistently been the case.

That's good to know about Jedi Training. I remember when we used to have to almost run at RD to get there, and even then you weren't assured an early spot.

That's good to know about Jedi Training. I remember when we used to have to almost run at RD to get there, and even then you weren't assured an early spot.

You may not get an early spot, but you definitely won't get shut out of the Jedi Training if you are there later in the morning. We actually opt for a time after lunch when we go, and I'm sure we aren't the only ones that go that route!

I also remember that! Some of the improvement is that they re-did the show in late 2015 and the current show accommodates more people, and has added time slots. That's not to say it won't be back to the RD madness it used to be as we get closer to SWGE opening.

ETA I'm sure the opening of TSL didn't hurt, either. People rush over there first because that's the bigger priority to them and then circle back to Jedi sign-up. Even still, by the time we got there at 9:30 plenty of the TSL crowd had already made it over to sign up and there were still openings.

When we were there last August several people assured me we wouldn't have to be at the park for 6:30 AM and prepared to hurdle over a shrub to sign up my son (this was when they opened for EMH at 8 AM every morning because TSL had just opened). We arrived a little after "regular" park opening at 9 AM, stopped for a few photopass photos, took a leisurely stroll over and there were maybe 2 parties ahead of us to sign up, with all time slots still having availability. When we walked by at around lunch time there was a sign indicating later shows still had openings.

I also remember that! Some of the improvement is that they re-did the show in late 2015 and the current show accommodates more people, and has added time slots. That's not to say it won't be back to the RD madness it used to be as we get closer to SWGE opening.

If I remember correctly, when we started going, the kids only got to fight Darth Vader on the stage. Then a few years later, they added Darth Maul on the floor. So that must have doubled the capacity. Plus added time slots.
This next trip we are testing out the cruise line for 3 nights. Just to see if we would want to do a 7 night cruise in 2020 so we can miss the crowds of SWGE opening.

If I remember correctly, when we started going, the kids only got to fight Darth Vader on the stage. Then a few years later, they added Darth Maul on the floor. So that must have doubled the capacity. Plus added time slots.
This next trip we are testing out the cruise line for 3 nights. Just to see if we would want to do a 7 night cruise in 2020 so we can miss the crowds of SWGE opening.

That was the update, they added Darth Maul, and the kids fought on two levels, which nearly doubled the capacity.

I love DCL. I have no doubt you'll be booking the 7 night cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter