Help me with our schedule!

jsternad

Mouseketeer
My SIL and I are going with our families and my in laws. We'll be there November 21-28. We will have 6 full days in the parks. Our kids are/will be 3, 6, 7 and 11. We can make our dining reservations soon, so we want to have what parks on what days planned so we can then make our dining reservations in a few days.

What order would you do parks, starting Friday the 22nd? I know it's going to be mega crowded and honestly it's probably not going to matter as far as crowds go, but with the ages of the kids (3, 6, 7, 11), what would you recommend? We have 7 day park hopper tickets.

We used to do AK and HS all in one day, but with the additions of Avatar and TSL I'm thinking maybe we'll need a full day for each?

Thanks for the help! :)

Are you staying on Disney property? If so, do you plan on using EMH? If so, plan your parks around those. If not, plan the parks to avoid EMH days. Also, when our kids were that age, we hit MK first, because that was what the kids wanted most. We went to EPCOT first on one trip, and I never heard the end of it for the whole trip. So, you might get some input from the kids.

My SIL and I are going with our families and my in laws. We'll be there November 21-28. We will have 6 full days in the parks. Our kids are/will be 3, 6, 7 and 11. We can make our dining reservations soon, so we want to have what parks on what days planned so we can then make our dining reservations in a few days.

What order would you do parks, starting Friday the 22nd? I know it's going to be mega crowded and honestly it's probably not going to matter as far as crowds go, but with the ages of the kids (3, 6, 7, 11), what would you recommend? We have 7 day park hopper tickets.

We used to do AK and HS all in one day, but with the additions of Avatar and TSL I'm thinking maybe we'll need a full day for each?

Thanks for the help! :)
Definitely set aside a full day for AK, for HS I'm not sure (we've only been once), I suppose it's depend on what you'd like to see. You could probably rope drop and be out a few hours before park closing as long as you have relatively good FP reservations I guess?

Don't really think that order matters. Probably MK for first two days, Epcot for next day (or two depending on how much you like it), AK for next day, and HS for a few hours more than a half day next if that makes sense, you could take a pool break in the middle of touring HS and come back after the break. That adds up to five or six days. If you choose not to do two days at Epcot I'd go to a water park. :)

with the additions of Avatar and TSL I'm thinking maybe we'll need a full day for each?

You'll definitely want a full day at each. HS will have not only TSL, but Galaxy's Edge will be open as well, and may be completely open with both rides operating by your dates.

Since you have a park hopper, I'd do MK on either the 22nd or 24th for the day and leave around 3:00 before the party crowds start to arrive.
I'd save my all day MK with an evening for fireworks for the 26th.

Are you staying onsite? Do you anticipate getting up early for the early EMH or staying late for late EMH? Again, with park hoppers, we would utilize one or the other, maybe even both. Just don't plan a late night before an early morning.

Yes, we are staying onsite at WL! How/when can I find out when EMH are and what days?

Yes, we are staying onsite at WL! How/when can I find out when EMH are and what days?
The WDW site lists each park’s daily hours(including EMH) but they are on a rolling 180day release, meaning your dates aren’t gonna show up til right when you are already booking ADRs. Currently it shows up through Nov 16th.
The usual EMH schedule has been:
Monday- AK am EMH
Tues - Epcot pm EMH
Wed - MK pm EMH
Thurs - Epcot am EMH
Friday - MK am EMH
Sat - AK am EMH
Sun -DHS am EMH

AM hours are 1hr before opening, PM hours are usually 2hrs after closing.

Of course they could change this at anytime and since it’s a holiday week, I’d expect some parks may have extended hours which they often don’t get added until a few weeks prior so just keep an eye on the schedule as your dates get closer.

Here's a link to Kenny the Pirate's hours from last year's Thanksgiving week: http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=11/23/2019

And his prediction for this year: http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=11/23/2019

BUT take both of these with a grain of salt. It is HIGHLY LIKELY Disney will have early hours at HS, AK, and MK like they are doing in Sept and Oct. It just depends on how that goes and WHEN the other ride in HS opens.

Are you going to be in the parks at all on Thanksgiving Day, or is that just a travel day?

Last edited:
Are you going to be in the parks at all on Thanksgiving Day, or is that just a travel day?

I think this will be just a travel day, but SW hasn't released their flights for TG yet, so we really don't know what we'll have time to do the day we arrive and leave yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!