Help me with my Epcot plan

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
I am not loving our itinerary for our Epcot day. How can I finesse this? We'll have a 6yo and 2yo in tow. Planning to arrive relatively close to RD.

Current FP plan:
Character Spot M&G 9:30-10:30
Garden Grill 10:10am (I will likely drop this, I just booked Mickey's backyard BBQ. Maybe Akershus for dinner instead if avail?)
Turtle talk with Crush 11:00-12:00
FEA 3:05-4:05

FEA is a priority for our family so Soarin' and TT are out for FP opportunities... I intentionally booked it later in the day thinking we could take our time wandering over and spending early afternoon/evening in WS. I doubt we will be still in the park for fireworks time. What else can I fit in here and when? I am feeling a little lost for some reason on what my kids would be into and where to squeak it in. We'll be there on 4/16. Not currently planning on taking in the Rick Springfield show, but if we're in the area at the right time, it's a possibility.

I would keep GG. The food is really good and the character interaction is great! I would also suggest Spaceship Earth and Nemo as attractions your kids will enjoy in Future World. In WS, my kids love doing the kid cot stations. You can either buy the passports or pick up a free Duffy bear and collect the stamps from each country. Also, don't miss the boat ride in the Mexico pavilion, it's a family favorite of ours :)

Will your kids really be interested in WS? Mine weren't at that age, and now at 14, 10, 10 they still aren't.

No reason you can't/shouldn't ride Soarin' and TT. If you can be there right at park open, go right to TT. Soarin' is not hard to get as a 4th FP+, especially later in the day.

Depending on how much time you spend in WS, you can do almost any other ride, as most don't have lines...Figment, SE, Land, Nemo, Pixar Short Film.

I am not loving our itinerary for our Epcot day. How can I finesse this? We'll have a 6yo and 2yo in tow. Planning to arrive relatively close to RD.

Current FP plan:
Character Spot M&G 9:30-10:30
Garden Grill 10:10am (I will likely drop this, I just booked Mickey's backyard BBQ. Maybe Akershus for dinner instead if avail?)
Turtle talk with Crush 11:00-12:00
FEA 3:05-4:05

FEA is a priority for our family so Soarin' and TT are out for FP opportunities... I intentionally booked it later in the day thinking we could take our time wandering over and spending early afternoon/evening in WS. I doubt we will be still in the park for fireworks time. What else can I fit in here and when? I am feeling a little lost for some reason on what my kids would be into and where to squeak it in. We'll be there on 4/16. Not currently planning on taking in the Rick Springfield show, but if we're in the area at the right time, it's a possibility.

I don't think you'll need a FP for Turtle Talk, I could be wrong, but the wait times are never very long. I would get one for Spaceship Earth because it can see longer waits in the morning.

Garden Grill is one of our favorite meals. We always eat there on our arrival day. We've only had dinner though, so I don't know how breakfast is. It is a nice relaxed character meal since they bring the food to you.

I think your FEA FP will be fine. When you're done in future world, you can walk around and enjoy the countries in world showcase until your FP time.

I'm not sure what else you'll be doing since all you listed were your fPs. With kids that age, they'd probably enjoy The Seas with Nemo, Journey into the imgaiation with Figment, Pixar short films, Spaceship Earth, other character meet and greets. Not sure if you have boys or girls, but there's a lot of princess meet and greets in World Showcase. Joy & Sadness and Baymax meet in future world across from character spot.

We were at Epcot last week and got there for rope drop. We had afternoon fast passes for the character spot but we ended up going there first with a 5 minute wait. We could then modify that fast pass for something else. Perhaps you might have that option too, especially since you seem to be planning the character spot first thing anyway.

Also, if FEA is a priority for your family, is meeting Anna and Elsa a priority too? That one doesn't have fast passes for it though. But you might plan that in there somewhere too.

If you do a PPO at GG you can RD Soarin with no problems. That’s what we’ve done the last few trips. And maybe the kids would enjoy Agent P in WS.

Given the timing of your FEA (which I think is fine) I don't think there's really any point to having a FP in that first hour. I would move the Character Spot into the space after Turtle Talk and use that first hour to do TT and/or Soarin'

We have a similar plan for our Epcot day and our kids will be turning 6 and 2 in the next couple of months... we have a 10:10 garden Grill so figured we’d try for baymax or joy and sadness and then if there’s time do the seas with Nemo or turtle talk, after breakfast we might have time for the land then we have back to back fast passes of figment which we will do at the tail end of it, spaceship earth and test track... our first two trips to Epcot we’re really boring for our son but on the last trip in November we got the $6 little scavenger hunt thing and it kept him engaged and excited to go to each country, he loves the gran fiesta tour in Mexico and there are characters to meet in the different countries too, we made a pretty full day out of it eating and looking for the different kid spots and scavenger hunt, there’s a new one for the flower and garden festival and I believe they set up a playground and butterfly garden too and the topiaries are fun to see, our son loves to stop and take pictures with them

I would keep GG. The food is really good and the character interaction is great! I would also suggest Spaceship Earth and Nemo as attractions your kids will enjoy in Future World. In WS, my kids love doing the kid cot stations. You can either buy the passports or pick up a free Duffy bear and collect the stamps from each country. Also, don't miss the boat ride in the Mexico pavilion, it's a family favorite of ours :)

Thanks for the suggestions! The reason why I think I'm dropping GG is that we're already meeting Mickey at the BBQ and I'd like to spread our character meals out a bit to meet other characters. I definitely like the idea of the restaurant though.

Will your kids really be interested in WS? Mine weren't at that age, and now at 14, 10, 10 they still aren't.

No reason you can't/shouldn't ride Soarin' and TT. If you can be there right at park open, go right to TT. Soarin' is not hard to get as a 4th FP+, especially later in the day.

Depending on how much time you spend in WS, you can do almost any other ride, as most don't have lines...Figment, SE, Land, Nemo, Pixar Short Film.

i have no idea if they will be interested in WS or not, but Mama is so they are along for the ride LOL.

If you do a PPO at GG you can RD Soarin with no problems. That’s what we’ve done the last few trips. And maybe the kids would enjoy Agent P in WS.

We're going in 3 weeks so I don't think this will be an option unfortunately. Agent P I can see the bigger kid being interested in.

Given the timing of your FEA (which I think is fine) I don't think there's really any point to having a FP in that first hour. I would move the Character Spot into the space after Turtle Talk and use that first hour to do TT and/or Soarin'

Good point. We'll be ride swapping on both so even getting 1 in would be nice. I think the map is tripping me up - it looks absolutely huge. I've also intentionally tried not to over schedule our days but it's biting me in the butt here.

How does this look for a rough order for FW:

Arrive 9am
TT (Ride swap) (What's the best close-by thing for us to do with the 2YO?)
Soarin' (If ride time not excessive, will need to RS)
Meet Baymax
FP Character Spot M&G 9:30-10:30 (No other times available until 6pm so keeping for now)
Nemo
Turtle Talk
FP Spaceship Earth 12:25-1:25
Living with the Land
Figment
<Move to WS after QS lunch somewhere>
Which way should we go to land at Norway for our next FP?
FP FEA 3:05-4:05

Oh! one other thing. Will want to fit in the butterfly house and play gardens from F&G!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter