Help me wean myself from booking a room for the 2018 F&W

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
OK, we've decided that it just won't work for us to go to the F&W festival next year. We have a big trip planned in September, another in November. But I know that it's so hard to get a DVC room if anything changes. So maybe I should book one "just in case"? Then I can always cancel it. But I promised myself it just wouldn't work to go, and DH feels that, by booking, I'm just having trouble giving up. So which do you think I should do-book or not? By the way, we are going to the F&G festival in May as a "substitute" since we can't go in October (we already have reservations for that).

I"m of two minds on this...if you think there is any chance of you going, go ahead and book. But if you truly think you'll end up booking and cancelling I'd say don't do it as you'd be tying up a room that someone else will be losing out on.

Hmmmm. How about saying to yourself something like:

May, September & November trips should be enough for one year. I will just fine w/o going in October, too. Maybe I'll just add the money we won't be spending to Simba's college fund.

:)

Hmmmm. How about saying to yourself something like:

May, September & November trips should be enough for one year. I will just fine w/o going in October, too. Maybe I'll just add the money we won't be spending to Simba's college fund.

:)

Great idea, thanks! If I plan to treat myself to something with the money we're saving, that will definitely help.

Skipping October 2018 too. First time in 20 years. October is getting too crazy busy for us.

Skipping October 2018 too. First time in 20 years. October is getting too crazy busy for us.

Good luck to you! For us it's been 10 years, and I must admit that the feeling that October is getting busier and busier was a big factor in our decision.

I feel your pain. We are going to F&G in May as well as a quick stop after B2B cruise in Feb, Sept we are doing British Isles cruise and Trans Atlantic, trying to talk ourselves out of F&W. We have 3 weeks to decide because the time is so popular I do not want to book a room and cancel for fear someone else would give up their plan to go if they could not get a room that I was sitting on.

I was willing to give up F&W this year for DCL’s EBPC cruise and a visit to DL! However, I needed an operation, and had to give up both.

Sooo, you will not get encouragement from me to miss something you COULD do. Do you have the money, the time? Go for less then an ideal amount of time if you “have” to. Tom and I took a very impromptu, short (2 night, thank heavens for SSR, we booked a 1 bedroom about a week and a half out) to say “Goodbye “ to the Great Movie Ride and Energy. It coincided with some free time between learning about the operation and having it. It was wonderful! We even got to enjoy an afternoon at Blizzard Beach, and a dinner with a Disboards friend, twokats.

I am not saying definitely go, but really decide what you want to do. Think if it is worth missing for whatever reason.

Bobbi:)

Actually, now that I think about it more, this years F&W was happening right after DVC Member Cruise, and we had reservations continuing for the Moonlight Magic. So, we were getting to F&W as well as The Panama Canal Cruise and DL, and then Life changed!

ROFL... I'd like to be there for you, but the last two times I tried to do this, I ended up booking within the 7 month window, and there went my BCV availability. I now accept my lack of willpower, book in advance, and know that I can cancel. Having the reservation and knowing I have the choice to go or not actually helps me make a more sensible decision. I'm the same way about desserts. If I have them around the house, it's easier for me to resist. Twisted logic, but hey, I accept myself for who I am... crazed logic and all. Good luck!

If it helps at all, I actually like F&G better than F&W now. F&W is SOOO crazy these days and the food has (in my opinion) faltered. Make sure you try the frushi in Japan!!!

OK, we've decided that it just won't work for us to go to the F&W festival next year. We have a big trip planned in September, another in November. But I know that it's so hard to get a DVC room if anything changes. So maybe I should book one "just in case"? Then I can always cancel it. But I promised myself it just wouldn't work to go, and DH feels that, by booking, I'm just having trouble giving up. So which do you think I should do-book or not? By the way, we are going to the F&G festival in May as a "substitute" since we can't go in October (we already have reservations for that).
My anniversary is Sept 18. Do you know if F&W will be going on then in 2018? It was this year

Good luck to you! For us it's been 10 years, and I must admit that the feeling that October is getting busier and busier was a big factor in our decision.

Glad to hear we are not alone. We just got back last night and it was so busy we didn’t even want to go to the parks. Sad!

I just returned on November 3. The wine pour is about 2 1/2 ounces. The first night I bought one in Canada and for $7.00 they half filled the little plastic wine glass. That was the last wine I bought from the food and wine booths. Went to the TOWL one night and for $9.00 I got a really generous glass of red wine. I visited the booths, but after that first wine purchase, I only purchased food with my snack credits.

BTW - had some excellent scallops in Coastal Eats and I think the Wine Studio. Great value for snack credits.

We have been doing F&W since 2000 and finally decided to go in December next year instead. We were disappointed by several of the booths this year and it is always busy, especially on the weekends. Unfortunately we only held out a few days with our plan to skip and just booked a short 4 day stay for next year.

We booked F&W, the last week in September 2018. Going early in the week and during the lunch time is still the least crowded time for us to visit. It’s been 2 years now since F&W so we are ready!!

I just returned on November 3. The wine pour is about 2 1/2 ounces. The first night I bought one in Canada and for $7.00 they half filled the little plastic wine glass. That was the last wine I bought from the food and wine booths. Went to the TOWL one night and for $9.00 I got a really generous glass of red wine. I visited the booths, but after that first wine purchase, I only purchased food with my snack credits.

BTW - had some excellent scallops in Coastal Eats and I think the Wine Studio. Great value for snack credits.
Those scallops at Coastal Eats were amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!