Help me understand what's available on this contract (banked points, etc)

ontheuptick

Mouseketeer
Looking at a contract, and I know you guys can help me understand. Here's what the broker has listed:

200 point AKV

Oct 2018 - 51 banked
Oct 2019 - 400, 200 banked
Oct 2020 - 200

So, please correct me if I'm wrong..
  1. 51 banked points must be used before Sept 30 2019, and can't be rolled into next year. These must have been leftover from 2017 that were banked into 2018?
  2. 2018 points (200) have been banked into 2019. Those 200 can be used anytime between Oct 1, 2019 and Sept 30 2020.
  3. But, those 200 points that were banked into 2019 cannot be pulled back into 2018 UY to use? For instance, if I wanted to use the 51 banked points in Sept 2019, am I not able to use those 200 from Oct 2018 that are banked now? Or can I? I wanted to do a trip in Sept to use the 51 expiring and some of the massive amount available in 2019 UY.

Thanks for your help!!

1. correct
2. correct
3. Banking and Borrowing are one time only. The 2018 points are now stuck in 2019. However, you can borrow the 2019 points into the 2019 use year to complete your reservation.

I think you have it correct.

This is a nice contract if the UY fits your needs, I would pay a little above current prices for it, and rent out what you couldn't use.

My understanding is that once you bank the 2018 points, you can not use them in the current year. Those 200 banked points will only be available from Oct 2019 - Sept. 2020.

However, you could borrow some (or all) of the 200 2019 UY points and use those for a trip in Sept along with the 51 expiring points.

My understanding is that once you bank the 2018 points, you can not use them in the current year. Those 200 banked points will only be available from Oct 2019 - Sept. 2020.

However, you could borrow some (or all) of the 200 2019 UY points and use those for a trip in Sept along with the 51 expiring points.

This is correct.

Understanding Use Year

Thanks, that helps!
This is a nice contract if the UY fits your needs, I would pay a little above current prices for it, and rent out what you couldn't use.
I may have to rent some out.

I don't have a trip planning during the 2019 UY, but have one at the end of the 2018 UY, and at the beginning of the 2020 UY. I was hoping I could pull those 2018 points back - but I didn't think I could and you guys all confirmed it.

But yes, I think it is a good contract where I can rent some points out in the Year that I won't be going where they have already banked the points, and reduce my overall cost.

Thanks all!

Looking at a contract, and I know you guys can help me understand. Here's what the broker has listed:

200 point AKV

Oct 2018 - 51 banked
Oct 2019 - 400, 200 banked
Oct 2020 - 200

So, please correct me if I'm wrong..
  1. 51 banked points must be used before Sept 30 2019, and can't be rolled into next year. These must have been leftover from 2017 that were banked into 2018?
  2. 2018 points (200) have been banked into 2019. Those 200 can be used anytime between Oct 1, 2019 and Sept 30 2020.
  3. But, those 200 points that were banked into 2019 cannot be pulled back into 2018 UY to use? For instance, if I wanted to use the 51 banked points in Sept 2019, am I not able to use those 200 from Oct 2018 that are banked now? Or can I? I wanted to do a trip in Sept to use the 51 expiring and some of the massive amount available in 2019 UY.

Thanks for your help!!
Is the contract yours ,yet?

Is the contract yours ,yet?
Nope. Sorry, I was talking like it was. But, it's one I'm making an offer on. In full disclosure, I've changed the UY and some of the numbers so as not to make it obvious in case others happen to be interested in the same contract :)

Nope. Sorry, I was talking like it was. But, it's one I'm making an offer on. In full disclosure, I've changed the UY and some of the numbers so as not to make it obvious in case others happen to be interested in the same contract :)
Believe me anyone who's in the market for a contract if it's listed with the usual brokers, they've seen it.Good luck

Believe me anyone who's in the market for a contract if it's listed with the usual brokers, they've seen it.Good luck

Yup. I've seen them all!
I don't know about anyone else but when I'm waiting on ROFR I end up in overdrive checking the resale sites out. Both looking for a replacement contract in case mine gets taken and whining about any contracts that show up that are a better deal than the one I offered on.

Fidelity has some nice deals but it seems like they aren't just brokering a contract. You end up getting the entire Fidelity experience in some cases!

Yup. I've seen them all!
I don't know about anyone else but when I'm waiting on ROFR I end up in overdrive checking the resale sites out. Both looking for a replacement contract in case mine gets taken and whining about any contracts that show up that are a better deal than the one I offered on.

Fidelity has some nice deals but it seems like they aren't just brokering a contract. You end up getting the entire Fidelity experience in some cases!
I've bought 2 contracts from them and it's never been an issue. Right now the one I have in ROFR was bought on one of those sites without a broker.

Everyone has given you correct answers. The one thing I will add is that if you call and make your reservation using member services, there is a chance they will pull some of the points back for you. They did that once for me early on in my membership when I was in a similar situation after getting a very similar type contract (people had banked current UY points into the next year). If they don't do it, certainly do not get angry with them -- but it is possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter