Help me pick a Club Level! Also, what is your favorite and why?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We have only stayed CL at AK. We LOVED it and too full advantage of the offerings! We are headed down in 2 months and were able to extend our stay for 2 nights. We will already have done parks for a week so we are looking to book a CL stay for the last 2 nights and only do resort/pool/club level offerings.

We want good food (we truly thought AK food esp the hot plate meals was awesome), good drink selections, and a great lounge. We will be there to enjoy the CL so we want the CL that has the best offerings for all times. We also would like the room to be close to the lounge.

We are not interested in GF because that is where we are staying the previous nights so we would like something a bit different.

What CL would be good for us? WHat is said to be the best CL? What was your favorite and why?

The only club levels I have stayed at were Grand Floridian (main building club level) and the Poly. Of those, Grand Floridian was a HUGE upgrade. I know you are not interesting in GF (though we LOVED it - the lounge was spacious and lovely, with great food and excellent staff). But I can say we were not impressed with the Poly. The rooms really needed a refresh, the lounge felt cramped and food was always out of stock and the customer service was terrible (e.g., hotel bell services lost our luggage for hours, we had to wait 20 minutes every time we wanted to talk to concierge receptionists, and our first room flooded with icy water all over the carpet and bathroom on the first night from a plumbing issue in the room above, they made no real effort to fix it, and they wouldn't move us until late night on the following day after I had talked to several different managers, and with zero compensation for the inconvenience). Some of this is obviously specific to our stay and so perhaps not representative, but I just thought it was very poorly managed given it charges some of the highest prices on disney property. That said, we love disney, and kept up a good attitude about it while we were there, so we all still had a blast-- I just can't say I recommend it as compared to the excellent service I've experienced everywhere else.

Also, I haven't stayed at Wilderness Lodge club level, but we've stayed there in a regular room, and I thought the pools, restaurants, customer service, and hotel ambiance were some of the best I've experienced. So that might be a good one to try.

I'm absolutely in love with the King Kamehameha club at the Poly. The food was terrific (if you're looking for great drink selections, you can't beat a cooler of POG), the lounge and all the CL rooms are in the same longhouse (Hawaii), and we had a great view of the fireworks from the lounge.

This is really going to depend on what you like in resorts and what suits your family best. You should visit the CL thread, as you can peruse different trip reports and lots of pictures of rooms and food. I have stayed CL at CR and this summer we are doing a split stay between CR and BC CL and are looking forward to it. I feel blessed that we can stay CL and know that ultimately, it is what we make of it! I hope you find the perfect one for your family!

We've stayed CL at
WL
AKL
GF (main building)
BWI
BC

My favorite, and it's not even close, is BWI
They have the best staff and the best food. Custom omelet bar on Sunday mornings. Need I say more?

I have stayed at several and the best I have ever experienced was the BWI. Fantastic CMs and the food was incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter