Help me make up my mind...?

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
We’re visiting in early August and I’m torn at the moment on which night we’re going to do our traditional Blue Bayou Fantasmic! Package...

Our last day will be a Monday (I know, I know) and this day is non-negotiable. I’m not sure it’ll matter much anyways since this summer is going to busier than normal with SWGE.

We are arriving on a Tuesday and will likely get into the park around 5pm. Now I’ve never done a late start day like this before but I assumed we’d just grab dinner and enjoy our favorite attractions like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indiana, and Splash. I’m hoping beyond hope there’d still be FP available when we arrive for some over there. But like I said I’ve never done a late start day. We always get MaxPass.

If you were me would you schedule the dining package on our last day due to volume of crowds Monday usually gets to have some evening time reserved to get a break? Considering too that’s our last day and we’ll be tired.

OR

Should I schedule it on our first date since we’re not getting to the parks until 5 anyways and focus on that rather than rides? Then I’ll know if fireworks are crossed off our list early too rather than chancing the high wind cancellations by doing it last.

I’ve been rolling around indecisively for days- I’d love some expert input. Keep in mind we’ll have first timers with us too so that Tuesday night will be their first time in the park. Is it more special on a first day to experience rides or Fantasmic!/fireworks?

I would do the dining package your first day. I don't think you will be able to ride very much of anything without probably an hour standby line or more with all of the expected crowds and probably no fast passes will be available for much anything that late. I could be wrong about the crowds though but I would air on the side of caution. Even on regular days without the Star Wars drama, starting your day at 5pm and expecting to ride multiple rides is not the greatest approach.

My original thinking was to fill our Monday with dining and shows since I keep reading on these boards about how crazy Monday is. I'd imagine at 5pm though some FastPasses would be left- at least for Haunted Mansion or Splash? Or is that too optimistic? I guess it's a gamble either way. But I can see the logic of just showing up and enjoying Fantasmic! that first night too. Perhaps the 'busy Monday' trend won't matter much this summer anyways?

My original thinking was to fill our Monday with dining and shows since I keep reading on these boards about how crazy Monday is. I'd imagine at 5pm though some FastPasses would be left- at least for Haunted Mansion or Splash? Or is that too optimistic? I guess it's a gamble either way. But I can see the logic of just showing up and enjoying Fantasmic! that first night too. Perhaps the 'busy Monday' trend won't matter much this summer anyways?

I do think the "busy Monday" will be more of a busy all the time this summer ;) The passholder type/population that is probably a big contributor to the busy Mondays is blocked out of DL all summer anyway and we don't really know what the effect of the new FlexPass is going to be. I think it will be busy all the days you're there and you shouldn't put too much stock in one day over the other.

I agree that your arrival day might be the best bet for the dining package as FPs may be limited. I wouldn't count on having FP's still available that late in the day for Splash if its hot and we really don't know what park attendance and FP availability is going to look like this summer anyway. I definitely would not count on Indy unless you are willing to go standby. It sounds like you have almost a full week at the parks. This is plenty of time- I wouldn't stress about this too much.

I do think the "busy Monday" will be more of a busy all the time this summer ;) The passholder type/population that is probably a big contributor to the busy Mondays is blocked out of DL all summer anyway and we don't really know what the effect of the new FlexPass is going to be. I think it will be busy all the days you're there and you shouldn't put too much stock in one day over the other.

Good point! Plus I never like leaving our fireworks day to the last minute- that's just asking for wind cancellations!

Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter