Help me justify an extra $3000

The Internal serves both resorts and Disney Springs. I've been on it a couple times. From the bus/transportation section of portorleans.org:

Internal Shuttle
The Disney Springs service is the only exception to the above rule, calling first at French Quarterand then Riverside South, West, North and East, then finally adding an extra stop back at French Quarter before heading back to Disney Springs. The marquees on the buses will update to read “Internal Resort Shuttle” upon entering the resort area and then switch to read either “Disney Springs / Typhoon Lagoon” prior to 1pm, or just “Disney Springs” for the rest of the day.

Just checked with a friend who was there last week, it's still running. Like POR/POFQ it services Disney Springs too.

To me if it goes to Disney Springs, it isn't an internal shuttle. The one at CBR only circles the resort. That is an internal shuttle.

When Disney labels it Internal Shuttle that's what I consider it.

portorleans.org is not a Disney site though. It is an unofficial guide.

At any rate, even if the resorts all had internal shuttles it wouldn't make me spend $3000 to move from a moderate to a deluxe.

For me, I would spend it. Once I went deluxe there was no turning back. I like the feels of the deluxe and having a balcony/patio. I like the lounges better. We like to spend time at the resort just relaxing. The resort is part of the overall experience to me.

I really don't think the dog situation is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. People are acting like feral dogs will be running amuck all over the property. Chances are you'll barely encounter them and, if you do, they'll be on a leash. Most people who travel with pets have trained them and since they're around people fairly often, the dogs are socialized. I sincerely doubt many people with a dog that bites are taking them to Disney. No one wants to ruin a pricy vacation to Disney because their dog doesn't behave. And I think Disney will listen to requests from guests with allergies. I don't see why they wouldn't.

I don't have a dog and don't necessarily think it's one of Disneys better ideas. But I also don't think it's going to be the total sh*t show people are expecting (pun intended).

I updated in the main thread about the issue, but Disney upgraded us without charging us any more than we originally planned. It is greatly appreciated and now I can go back to being totally stoked about our upcoming vacation!

Mods: feel free to close this thread since the issue is resolved.

Sorry, wouldn't do it because of the dog announcement. $3k is another trip in my mind.

I wouldn't but what I would do is called POR and have them put on your reservations that you have allergies and can not be located near dog rooms. I know Universal has pet rooms and this is exactly what we did- daughter is allergic to cats. We never even knew the pets were on site. I would assume Disney will only have certain areas/rooms for pets

I updated in the main thread about the issue, but Disney upgraded us without charging us any more than we originally planned. It is greatly appreciated and now I can go back to being totally stoked about our upcoming vacation!

I'm glad it's all sorted for you-where are you all staying now?
Hope you have a great trip.

Great update. Enjoy!

I say bite the bullet and do it. We normally stay at French Quarter for our vacations but between my daughter starting college next year and the incredible way AKL treated me (on our last trip I was resort hopping and while there they told me to wander around take pictures and even gave me a tour of one of their rooms ) I broke down and scheduled AKL for our entire 10 day stay next June.

Can't help you justify and I hate to say it if you want a place that you won't find a dog you have to find a place that is willing to violate the ada

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!