Help me identify this resort

gometros

<font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an
I came across this photo I took back in December of 2003. We were staying at Old Key West at the time. It's a resort under construction, but I cannot identify the resort. Th eonly resort I know that was being constructed at the time was Pop Century and that doesn't look like it. Does anybody recognize what it could be?

Attachments

• IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 201
Looks like Saratoga Springs.
overview-saratoga-springs-01.jpg

I came across this photo I took back in December of 2003. We were staying at Old Key West at the time. It's a resort under construction, but I cannot identify the resort. Th eonly resort I know that was being constructed at the time was Pop Century and that doesn't look like it. Does anybody recognize what it could be?

It is Saratoga. What may be throwing you off with the dates is that there was already a resort in that location. Saratoga was a retheming of the Disney Institute which was a retheming of the Disney Village Resort. There have been DVC style accommodations there since the 70s. The tree houses, which have been remodeled, are original to the resort. They were also Fairway villas, and town houses. Saratoga kept some of the main building areas but tore down most of the rest of the accommodations and built what you see there today.

Saratoga Springs. While not thrilled with the location of this resort, I understand you will feel spoiled staying here.

It is Saratoga. What may be throwing you off with the dates is that there was already a resort in that location. Saratoga was a retheming of the Disney Institute which was a retheming of the Disney Village Resort. There have been DVC style accommodations there since the 70s. The tree houses, which have been remodeled, are original to the resort. They were also Fairway villas, and town houses. Saratoga kept some of the main building areas but tore down most of the rest of the accommodations and built what you see there today.

Thanks for all the answers. Of course it would be Saratoga Springs if we were staying ot OKW. I was drawing a blank..

Our first ever stay as a matter of fact, was at the Disney Village in May of 1990.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter