Help me decide?

Ashtons_Nana112

Earning My Ears
Going to Universal June 3-9th. Myself, husband and 7yr old grandson. Trying to decide between Portofino, Hard Rock or doing a split stay with one of these and Cabana Bay. We will be spending 6 nights/6 days and plan on doing all parks including Volcano Bay. For those that have stayed at these resorts what was your opinion on them? What was your favorite? Thanks in advance for helping me with my decision :)

Portofino, in my opinion, is the prettiest Universal resort with the largest standard rooms. However, it does not have a self-laundry facility and it is a 15-20 minute walk to the parks.
Hard Rock is interesting because there is (not loud) music everywhere. You can sit in the lobby and watch music videos all day. There is also underwater music at the pool. It's the closest hotel to the parks with a five minute stroll.
If you're looking to book club level rooms, beware that the lounge at Hard Rock is also dubbed "the smallest lounge with broken furnitures".
We have not stayed at Cabana Bay yet.

I`d choose Portofino out of those two.

OP......there are pictures of all the hotels in the stickies on the first page of each one.....have a look and see which one appeals to you most.....

I`m not really a fan of Hard Rock, but have to say. Although yes, the Club Lounge is tiny, we visited as a guest in September to see the changes they had made and we never saw any broken furniture anywhere.

Have never stayed at HRH so I can’t comment on that resort, but my wife and I spent the first week of December at Portofino Bay and it was one of our best vacations ever. The resort is beautiful, rooms are the biggest on site and it is a very relaxing environment. My parents have purchased a house in Davenport so we now have access to free lodging, but we still plan to make return trips back to Portofino, that’s how much we enjoyed it.

I’ve stayed at HRH and Portofino. Portofino was our fave. It’s beautiful. Love the beach pool and it’s zero entry. I haven’t stayed at Cabana Bay, they don’t have EP included as the 3 deluxe resorts do. I’m not sure how the early June crowds are, but having that EP is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter