Help me decide where to stay

crazelion

<font color=blue>Form feet and legs...form arms an
Can someone help decide where stay. I have a quote from my AAA person. This what she told me All-Star Sports is 377.00 include tax for July 2 to July 6, 2003. The price is per night 94.50 including tax.

Or I can Carribeen Beach Resort with the AAA discount 546.00 including tax for July 2 to July 6, 2003. The price per night 136.50 including tax.

Is this a good deal. ;)

I like the price on the All-Star Sports better. But i would like to stay somewhere else different.

Also If I book with my AAA person can I use a code if they come out for the time I'm goiing.:confused:

Will the extra money for CBR cause the trip to be a stretch? I would say go for CBR if it is not a problem. If you have small kids though I bet they might like All Star better. I love CBR for many reasons but had a good time at All Star Music too.

is beautiful. It was our first moderate resort. I would say that price difference isn't that great - go for CBR! I don't have kids but I think they would love the pool at CBR. It reminded me of Pirates of the Carribbean. Plus they have lots of tropical birds. It's a lovely resort and it's close to MGM and Epcot.

And, I think mommy and daddy would like CBR better!

PamNC

I think you would like the CBR better b/c of the tropical atmoshphere. If you have small children they will like All Stars better, but for the price I would want a bit more for my buck. If you book now with your AAA rate and codes come out, you can just cancel and book at the code rate. There is also a lot to do around the hotel at the CBR. Enjoy!!!:)

If the extra $$ spent on CBR wont cause to much stress, then I say stay at CBR.
I think it looks beautiful, and tropical. I would pick that over the AS's.

have a great time!

Laura :)

Unless you have kids whose opinion outweighs Mom and Dad's, I would go with the CBR. That sounds like a good price for a remodeled moderate.

I've stayed at the ASMu, the ASMo, and the CBR. If you are choosing only between the AS resorts and the CBR, then my humble advice would be to go with the CBR for sure! It was so nice when I stayed there, and now that it is remodeled, I'm sure it is fantastic. I'd go for that for sure!

Be sure to ask your AAA person about the codes. Some travel agencies charge a fee for a change and some are just reluctant to book at a discount.

I hate to take business away from a travel agent, especially one who really helps you out, but you can call CRO and book AAA rates yourself. I've done it many times myself!

Funny (?) story - a friend was trying to get info from AAA. The agent only wanted to book her a package. So my friend called & booked herself, then transfered the reservation to Dreams Unlimited, one of the sponsers of this site. Great service from them!

See, I'm funny! It's all about the money for me! :p I would pick the AS's and only because I like to have the extra money for food or souvies. Just go with what your heart tells you and as someone else stated, if the money won't stress you, then go with CBR.
No matter what you chose, you're in Disney....HAVE A BLAST AND ENJOY!! :jester:

I would have to vote for CBR. It is beautiful. I think someone else mentioned to check the codes.(Mousesavers) Maybe you can get an even better deal with one of those! Good Luck!

When I was planning our trip that we took last june we were going to stay at all stars because it was a last minute thing and to save some $ but I had the cm check some of the codes from mousesavers and I wound up with CBR for the same as AAA was getting me all stars for so I booked direct with WDW and we just loved CBR

You might consider booking the room as an annual pass holder. I have been told that you don't have to buy the pass until you are ready to use it, so it will be good for 1 year from that date. But you can ask for the passholder discount when you book your rooms -- which is supposed to be pretty good -- even though you don't have the pass yet. I believe only one member of your party needs to have a valid annual pass when you check in.

Since you are staying 5 days, I thought it might be worth checking into.

Anyway -- I like All-Stars because I am cheap and we are never in the room. But I would probably book CBR since it has just been redone and it isn't that much more.

Have fun!

Thanks for all your replies. We decide after the first of the year to book. I will be going for the All-Star Sports Resort. I will call the AAA agent and book the room. Then I wait for codes to come out then go for Caribbean beach Resort.

Then I might book the Caribbean Beach resort if same price as the All-Star Sports.

I'm Sports fan and love the Sports Resort and Mom like the hotel simple. All she won't is a nice place to sleep and shower.

If only if did not have to put down a deposit for the first night stay I would book right now. I wait to see if budget get better before I book. A 100.00 is a alot money to lose.

I have question how do when book your hotel. Do they charge your hotel right away with the first night stay. I how do pay a little at time until pay off your balance. Please give step by step instructions.

Thanks

Originally posted by crazelion
A 100.00 is a alot money to lose.

I have question how do when book your hotel. Do they charge your hotel right away with the first night stay. I how do pay a little at time until pay off your balance. Please give step by step instructions.

You would not lose the deposit if you decided to cancel your vacation unless it was after the cancellation period. Most reservations at Disney allow you to cancel with no penalty until at least 45 days before your arrival date.

If your travel agent is telling you that you would lose your deposit before that - it is thier rule not Disney's.

I would like to suggest that you go to This Website and ask for a quote for that time. The folks a Dreams Unlimited are all Disney experts - it is all they book for thier clients. Everyone of them has spent many. many trips at Disney and they love to help others have a wonderful time. I know that they will also watch for codes/discounts to come out and get those applied to your reservation if possible.

Why not give them a try? Nothing against AAA - but IMHO they really are not Disney experts - they book travel for thier clients anywhere - and usually try and go the easy route of a package - which in most cases cost more.

I agree with Trekker. Our next visit to the world is 12/31 and we had up until 11:00 pm last night to cancel w/o penalty.

I have decide to call Disney CRo myself and ask for the AAA discount myself. I like the 5 day cancell policy myself better. I like doing things myself anyway.

Now I need step by step instructions to on how call Disney CRO does anyone have tips.

I would check for codes, and book yourself, or through a Dreams TA. DH and I stayed at AKL last year (Our HM, July 14-18) for $139/night with a code from mousesavers.com.

I would like to suggest that you go to This Website and ask for a quote for that time. The folks a Dreams Unlimited are all Disney experts - it is all they book for thier clients. Everyone of them has spent many. many trips at Disney and they love to help others have a wonderful time. I know that they will also watch for codes/discounts to come out and get those applied to your reservation if possible.

So what saying that dreams unlimited can get me a quote from disney for the time that I won't go at no charge. Then I have up to five days cancel just like Disney when do it on the phone myself. Then if code come out then I have email tell to about the code to see if they can apply it to my revesations. Cool tell me more. Is there way tell if won't them watching out for codes if one come tha lower the cost of the trip tell them go head and apply it to the trip. I hope makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter