Help me decide on interior paint colors...please!

MargeeTx

Earning My Ears
First of all, I found this board quite by accident, and found that the posters here seem to be kind and friendly, and understand us folks who aren't millionaires!

My house was built in the 80's...we have no intention of ever moving, and after we are gone, dgt. gets the house. Anyway, I'm having my honey colored ash wood kitchen cabinets painted white..( don't kill me!!!). Replacing the countertops with WilsonartHD in Bella Reale. ( greys, blacks, blues) White subway tile backsplash with only an ornamental design directly behind the cook top. Appliances are white, except for the double wall oven, which is black, and does not need replacing at this time.

The kitchen, dining room and living room are all together, with one wall of compete windows that face north.

On far end from the kitchen is the living room....with one wall that is a floor to peaked ceiling with dark wood type planking ( it is not paneling) on either side of the fireplace.( In fact, this same wood is on our front porch and is painted and looks great)

There is a huge dark wooden beam across the middle of the ceiling, and then 3 more dark beams coming out from the ceiling on the right.

I am planning to paint the walls SW Wool Skein (8077), and I really want to paint the dark walls and beams....either white to match the kitchen cabinets, or the same color. All other woodwork will be white.

I have a small foyer that I would like to paint a blue....SW Distance (6243), and then carry this blue to the kitchen on the soffet (sp?) above the cabinets.

BTW, we have white ceramic tile throughtout the entire area...which is great with the dogs and cats.

In the foyer, where the darker blue will be, I envision a white small table, and I have an antique wicker side chair that fits beautifully there.

Of course, we have the huge TV, sofa ( brown/blue/beige muted material), and two navy chairs that I don't mind changing.

I guess, I have this idea of serene, blue, bright, and ocean-ey, if that makes sense? Not right now in Texas, it doesn't!

Oh, and the dining room furniture is dark, almost Frank Lloyd Wright looking....

Hope someone here can 'see' what I am talking about....perhaps I can get DH to post some pics of the rooms....

thanks in advance...margeetx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!