Help me decide on a resort

Shelly888

DIS Veteran
I am looking into renting points for this January. I would like to keep lodging under 400, as we are leaving on a cruise, and are adding this very short trip on the front end, and it is turning out to be pretty costly just for a couple of days ;)

We are only planning on visiting 2 parks, MK and Epcot. Our boys are 7 and 2 and we would need a studio. I know at this point availability may dictate where we stay. I am fairly certain OKW or SS will have availability. I am wondering if we should even consider any of the other resorts which may be better suited to us.

Any thoughts on cost, availability, and fun factor :goodvibes:

Thanks so much! :flower3:

Since you are planning to visit Magic Kingdom, you may want to try staying at Villas at Wilderness Lodge. The boat ride over to Magic Kingdom is a lot of fun and picturesque. You can also take the bus to Magic Kingdom if you do not want a boat ride. If you prefer to stay close to Epcot, you can choose from Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas. BCV has a great pool if your family has time to swim and you can get ice cream at Beaches & Cream.

BLT would be most convenient, with monorail, but costly. BWV is good too...for quick shot to Epcot.

OKW is the lowest point value per night of all of the studios across the DVC resorts. BLT is the highest. I would consider OKW for two reasons: largest studios on site and only studios with two queen sized beds. The extra room is great with little ones who often have toys, strollers, etc. BLT and BWV offer the close proximity to MK and Epcot respectively, but you will pay a little more. Your kids are at an age where they would love AKV if you could get a savanna view studio, but you will pay a little more than OKW.

You did not say what nights of the week or how many nights, but you can look at the DVC point charts using the link at the top of this page to figure out your cost. Point rentals are generally in the $10-13/pt range. David's DVC Rentals (see sponsor banner above) sometimes has last minute deals at a discounted rate. You can also check the Rent/Trade board on this site.

As you said, availability may dictate your choice. Enjoy your vacation!

BLT studios are the smallest DVC studios, so I hesitate recommending them for a family of 4.
But it is a short stay, and I think starting a day at Chef Mickeys is fun.

Thanks for the suggestions! We are staying 1/18-1/20 cruise leaves Saturday Jan 20, 2012. A friend of a friend is renting us points for 11/pp and she said there was availability at AK and OKW for our dates and budget. I think I am leaning more toward OKW, and will put in a request for 1st floor, near The Hospitality House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!