Help me decide - 1BR villa at Kidani or OKW

Where would you choose?

• Total voters

ladyderks

Kylo Ren stan account
I can’t decide between Kidani Village or OKW for our September stay and I’m driving myself nuts! Price difference is about $500 for a 6 night stay. There are no savannah rooms available that week at Kidani Village currently, so we would have a standard view. There will be 5 of us (me, my husband, and our 3 sons (8,6,5).

OWK pros - Bigger room and balcony. Cheaper. Most likely a newer renovated room.
Kidani pros - Looks cooler, kids would love animals. Better pool and seems like more activities for kids?

Is AKL worth the extra money if we don’t have a Savannah view? Is OKW good with kids? Seems like it’s geared to the older crowd. How are the busses at OKW and Kidani? We will have a car, but prefer not driving if possible. Any input is much appreciated!

OKW has really great splash pads for the kids.

I prefer the buses at Kidani, but the bus at OKW is fine.

Kidani 1BR is one of my favorite rooms on property! It’s gorgeous even without the savanna view. I feel like there are a lot more dining options at AK (especially if you’re willing to walk down to AKL). And kids love the animals!! I’ve stayed at both and don’t recall issues with buses either time.

That is a tough call, and while we'd prefer the Kidani room the OKW savings would be nice, and another plus for OKW is the boat option to Disney Springs. With younger kids Kidani would be nice, and there are plenty of ways to see animals around. You also can walk over to Jambo for all that it offers, including a nice playground area.

I love the Kidani 1 bedrooms, the extra full bathroom is so nice. I also prefer the transportation from Kidani, as I don't like the multiple stops of OKW. The pool with great slide and kids play area is great at Kidani too. I don't think you need a savanna room at Kidani, as there are so many great ways to see the animals around the resort.

THIS^^ that extra bathroom is hands down the best! We have stayed at Kidani twice in the 1 bedroom - loved it! Always standard and we had the pool view - so it was fine. There is so much to do between both lodges you guys will love it. We are staying next month at Jambo value studio (me, DH, DS11) - hope we can handle the downgrade in size!! But, I couldn't pass up the value - those are soooo hard to come by - good chance we will get a savanna view too!
I have stayed away from OKW as to me it looks like it is too spread out and caters to older folk.
AKL bus service is good too.

I have 4 kids in their 20's now but growing up they loved OKW. It was their favorite for activities over Boardwalk, SSR, BLT and Beach Club.

We stayed at AKL in September and loved it - so many places to view animals if you don't have a Savannah View room.

BUT, we found the buses only OK - meaning it takes quite a bit of time from the resort to other parks except for AK. We had stayed at POR the time before when we used the buses and they were so quick to all locations I think I just got spoiled.

If you can swing the extra cost go to Kidani.....the resort is awesome...even without a SV....the pools are great.. also have Sanaa restaurant there...and can view animals while you eat..you can walk over to Jambo and have 2 delis restaurants and the food court Mara..you dont mention about the parks...but the resort has many activities.....OKW is lovely, but if I had young kids I would be at K....our DVC home resort is Boardwalk...but we have raised 5 grand kids at Disney...so to speak....they are adults now.....Animal Kingdom Lodge...Jambo or Kidani is breathtaking!! Oh wait! the ANIMALS!!!!!

Another Kidani vote here. Two full baths is so much better than one! I prefer the buses at Kidani over the buses at OKW bc of all the internal bus stops at OKW. Staying at Kidani, you are the first bus stop, except when going to Disney Springs. We’ve stayed at both resorts multiple times. With children the age of yours, the pools and the animals are perfect. Also, the QS at Jambo is much better than OKW’s. AND Sanaa now serves an excellent QS breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter