Help me convince my friend that I am right... Florida Resident tickets *** UPDATE 2/20/19***

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
So over the weekend we were talking Disney and a she said that her Aunt and her family are coming for a visit... so she is going to buy or may have already bought them on line... Florida Resident 4 day tickets w/ PH for them...

My friend is a AP holder....

Her Aunt and family are from the mid-west...

So not allowed...

DH and I are AP holders and FL residents as well... so I really don't know what the process is anymore... I told her that if she buys them on line, that they will have to go to guest services to get the actual ticket for admittance into the parks and will have to have Florida ID... If she try's to buy them at the gate, they will have to show Florida ID...

I am correct... Right?

She is trying to help them save money on their trip...

UPDATE: 2/20/2019 ---

I talked to my friend last night and she never brought up the tickets. So I asked her how did things work out with the Fl. Resident tickets... She said OKAY... you were right.... I asked what happened, She said that she bought the tickets several weeks ago, and when they tried to use them at the gate, they were directed to guest service, which they asked for Florida ID, and proof of residence... so my friend pulls out her wallet and AP, the CM said I'm sorry not your ID - I need everyone's ID and proof of residence to activate the tickets... So my friend starts in.... well these are a gift for my family, and I paid for them and I am a resident so all good..the CM was like No I am sorry that's not how this type of ticket works. Then gave them the cost of the difference to a regular 4 day PH...Which of course they had to pay. I wanted to say I told you so... and I didn't... though I really wanted to...

Last edited:
Each person using a FL resident ticket must provide proof of Florida residency. The most common form (but not the only form) is their driver's license. For minors, an adult driver's license can be used. So she can buy Florida resident tickets for minors using her Florida driver's license. For adults, the proof of residency has to be in each of their names.

Each person using a FL resident ticket must provide proof of Florida residency. The most common form (but not the only form) is their driver's license. For minors, an adult driver's license can be used. So she can buy Florida resident tickets for minors using her Florida driver's license. For adults, the proof of residency has to be in each of their names.

Thank you... They are all adults except a 2 year old grandchild.... which is at no cost either way... I am passing the info on to her... I hope she listens... thanks again...

Tell your friend to check the Disney website for the proof an adult needs in order to activate a Florida resident ticket if she doesn’t believe you.

They will have to pick up and activate the passes at a Will Call window. If they can’t present proof of Florida residency they will have to pay the difference for the ticket.

The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable according to the website.

I understand trying to save the friend money. If the adults can't show proof of residency, they are simply going to have to pay the difference on the special 4 day ticket for non FL residents.

I would love to buy my friend's children tickets to save them money, but since I won't be there to show my FL resident ID, it wouldn't work for them.

Last edited:
Tell your friend to check the Disney website for the proof an adult needs in order to activate a Florida resident ticket if she doesn’t believe you.

They will have to pick up and activate the passes at a Will Call window. If they can’t present proof of Florida residency they will have to pay the difference for the ticket.

The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable according to the website.

I tried to tell her, she like was we used to do it all the time this was like 10+ years or so ago... I said you better research it before you buying them or you could get stuck with tickets you can't use or get a refund... she was like... we will see...

Last edited:

I tried to tell her, she like was we used to do it all the time this was like 10+ years or so ago... I said you better research it before you buying them or you could get stuck with tickets you can't use or get a refund... she like we will see...

Just let her live and learn babe .Keep us posted on their results. When is their trip?

I tried to tell her, she like was we used to do it all the time this was like 10+ years or so ago... I said you better research it before you buying them or you could get stuck with tickets you can't use or get a refund... she like we will see...

She will always be able to use the tickets but she will have to pay the difference in value. Where alot of people get confused is they believe just because their able to buy fl resident tickets, they can use them like normal tickets. Fact is, anybody and everybody can purchase fl resident tickets online but what they dont realize is that its not a gate approved ticket, its a ticket voucher that MUST be exchanged at guest service prior to entering the park. It is there where u will have to show proof of residency and if u cant u wont lose ur tickets u will just have to pay the upcharge for regular tickets. And no the fl resident cant show id, get the ticket and then just pass it onto someone else. They will have to assign their finger print to the ticket.

She will always be able to use the tickets but she will have to pay the difference in value. Where alot of people get confused is they believe just because their able to buy fl resident tickets, they can use them like normal tickets. Fact is, anybody and everybody can purchase fl resident tickets online but what they dont realize is that its not a gate approved ticket, its a ticket voucher that MUST be exchanged at guest service prior to entering the park. It is there where u will have to show proof of residency and if u cant u wont lose ur tickets u will just have to pay the upcharge for regular tickets. And no the fl resident cant show id, get the ticket and then just pass it onto someone else. They will have to assign their finger print to the ticket.

When I went in 2015, I did not have this voucher you speak of. When we went to AK and tried to tap our band, it wasn't allowing entry. I told the CM I was a FL resident. She asked had I been to guest services to verify my residency. I said not yet. She said that had to be done before first park entry. We would be good after verification. I guess because I linked my tickets to our bands, they had to make the bands ok to activate.

But you are right still. My entry was denied until my band was okayed on FL residency. I'm wondering why the OP's friend has said it's always been ok? I can't help but be curious to how it turns out this time.

When I went in 2015, I did not have this voucher you speak of. When we went to AK and tried to tap our band, it wasn't allowing entry. I told the CM I was a FL resident. She asked had I been to guest services to verify my residency. I said not yet. She said that had to be done before first park entry. We would be good after verification. I guess because I linked my tickets to our bands, they had to make the bands ok to activate.

But you are right still. My entry was denied until my band was okayed on FL residency. I'm wondering why the OP's friend has said it's always been ok? I can't help but be curious to how it turns out this time.

Yes, u are correct. U can get e-ticket and link to magic band but like u said, u still wont get access in the park....u will have to go guest service and scan ur band, show proof of residency. Other than tryn to get a fl id some how, im not sure there is any other way around this. Dis has done a very good job protecting the discounted FL Resident tickets.

Yes, u are correct. U can get e-ticket and link to magic band but like u said, u still wont get access in the park....u will have to go guest service and scan ur band, show proof of residency. Other than tryn to get a fl id some how, im not sure there is any other way around this. Dis has done a very good job protecting the discounted FL Resident tickets.

For the money I save being a resident I can understand perfectly why Disney goes above and beyond to protect that discount. I just looked at that special Discovery ticket they have for residents. When I compared it to the 4 day ticket for non resident, I had a savings of about $350! :faint: :eek:
I'm quite thankful to be a resident. Otherwise, I probably would have only visited once or twice. :sad1:

Last edited:
I guess I learned something new today. I knew since I'm not a FL resident, I couldn't buy the tickets, but I thought a resident could buy for me as long as, we were going to the parks together.

I've been spewing misinformation telling my niece her cousin-in-law in Fl can buy her tickets for her when they go together, oops.

I guess I learned something new today. I knew since I'm not a FL resident, I couldn't buy the tickets, but I thought a resident could buy for me as long as, we were going to the parks together.

I've been spewing misinformation telling my niece her cousin-in-law in Fl can buy her tickets for her when they go together, oops.

:flower1:

Hi. Unfortunately once the resident buys that ticket, they have to link their finger scan to it, no one else's will work. And I don't think they can have their finger scan on more than one ticket.

Last edited:
We are Florida residents and bought some Florida resident tickets last year at the grocery store. We had to go to a ticket booth, each of us had to show our FL Drivers license and then they set our finger scan right at the window.

We are residents of Pa but also have a home in Orlando.(My dh works at Bayhill 5 months a year)We use our mortgage and power bill with our Pa license to activate ours. We are always made to show proof of Florida residency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter