Help me choose a moderate over Easter break?

princessmomma

DIS Veteran
My family will be travelling with my sister's family. In total we will have 4 children ages 12, 5, and two 3 year olds.

Which moderate would be best for our situation? My husband is a deluxe snob, so I want to try and reserve a nice place where he won't be complaining about the double beds the entire trip. lol

Please help, any suggestions?

Originally posted by princessmomma
My family will be travelling with my sister's family. In total we will have 4 children ages 12, 5, and two 3 year olds.

Which moderate would be best for our situation? My husband is a deluxe snob, so I want to try and reserve a nice place where he won't be complaining about the double beds the entire trip. lol

Please help, any suggestions?

Hi princessmomma,

All of the moderates have double beds. It really depends on what you like for themeing.

POFQ is great because it is the smallest of the moderates (read as not as spreadout). The pool has a dragon slide that the kids might like and we liked the atmosphare which is Mardi Gras.

Many people like POR. I would never stay there because I do not care for the themeing. Think Gone With the Wind and Huck Finn. Many people like this themeing I do not.

CBR will be finishing up a remodel on Dec 21st. This resort is very spreadout and if you end up in one of the outer islands it can be a pain walking to the foodcourt area. Also, getting to the guest services area can also be a drag.

CSR is also very spreadout but has a great main pool area.

I would reconmend that you checkout Deb Wills site http://www.wdwig.com/

There is a ton of information and great resort descriptions. I am sure you will have a great trip no matter which resort you end up at.

Princessmomma, Tiffany gave excellent suggestions. I want to add Dreams Unlimited's resort website to the list of things to check out in regards to resort information: click here to go to their webpage.

I have stayed at CSR, CBR, and PO-FQ. I really enjoyed all three of those resorts. For the larger ones (CSR & CBR), there are inter-resort buses that make a few stops within the resort, so if you are in an outer building, just hop on the bus that will take you to where the action is. You could walk, too, but with the 3-year olds, make sure to have the stroller with you since little ones sometimes don't like to walk farther than two feet. ;)

My most recent stay was at PO-FQ (last month) and I loved it. I will definitely stay at Port Orleans again, probably at PO-RS the next time so that I can experience that resort.

We were there last year and the Easter Egg Hunt was incredible!
Not only did DD get lots of candy, the Character interaction was awesome!

If you request Martinique, it's not such a far walk from anything.

But that's just MHO!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Originally posted by Scratch42
If you request Martinique, it's not such a far walk from anything.

Scratch
:smooth:

An "island" can be requested but there is no guarantee that your request will be granted.

I strongly suggest that when people are considering a moderate that they realize how spreadout some of them are and they need to decide if they are going to enjoy the resort even if they end up in the area that is the farest from the foodcourt/mainpool area as they would if they were in the closest.

Thank you for the suggestions. I think I have narrowed it down to PO-FQ or PO- RS. I like the pool and water slide at the FQ for the kids, but the trundle bed at RS would be great for my 3 year old.

I am leaning toward RS, but I have a few questions. I am a little concerned when the Alligator Bayou rooms are described as rustic! Is this a concern? The interior rooms look fine ( from the pictures). Are there balconies?

If this resort is really spread out, can someone offer me a building to request so we are close to the pool and food court. Like an earlier poster wrote, my three year doesn't like to walk too far, especially after a long day at the parks.

Final question, historically, are there codes available over Easter week?

Just a suggestion, I would recomment CBR. You live in Southeast part of the country so Southern charm theming may not seem too different from home. CBR has tropical theme lots of bright colors for kids to enjoy. Fun hustle and bustle at main pool, food court. I think there is small play areas, playground equipment, and sand beaches near most of the quiet pools. You also mentioned that you have stayed in Deluxe resorts, so the extra space in the rooms at CBR will be helpful. There is also a privacy curtain between sinks and bedroom. Lots of storage areas too. I love it at this resort.
Second choice is POR, for the trundle bed. Small bed but looks ok for small child. Quiet pools, bus to Downtown disney, fishing for kids. To be fair I have never stayed at CSR. Maybe someone can give you more info about that resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter