Help! Last minute wheelchair rental

MarBee

DIS Veteran
hello!
After spending the night in the ER with my asthmatic, we decided a wheelchair would be best for the rest of our trip for him. (We bought a stroller-he's 5- but you can't take the strollers through the line with you.)
I called the sponsored wheelchair rental place and a few others and no one has availability for today or tomorrow.
Anyone else have recommendations? (I didn't want to do it directly through the park bc then we can't wheel him back to the hotel.)
Thanks!

If he's comfortable in it, you can get a pass to keep the stroller in lines. Ask at Guest Services.

I think you're going to have trouble finding a 5 year old sized wheelchair on such short notice, and an adult sized one will be uncomfortable.

You can take the stroller through the line. Go to Guest Services at your next park and get a stroller-as-wheelchair tag.

You can take the stroller through the line. Go to Guest Services at your next park and get a stroller-as-wheelchair tag.

Thank you! He hates the wheel chair so we may try this. Do I have to go to each park each day to get it tagged? Also, it is a double stroller in case our 6 year old wanted to sit. Do you think they'll still let us? Or would I have to rent a single? (The 6 year old does not need it- only the 5 year old.)
Thank you for all of your help!

Also, when I go to Guest Services, what do I need to bring? Should I bring the ER paperwork? I don't think I could get a dr note from his dr now that we are already here.

You don't need to bring anything. Just (if asked) explain your son spent the evening in the ER with an asthma attack.

Thank you! He hates the wheel chair so we may try this. Do I have to go to each park each day to get it tagged? Also, it is a double stroller in case our 6 year old wanted to sit. Do you think they'll still let us? Or would I have to rent a single? (The 6 year old does not need it- only the 5 year old.)
Thank you for all of your help!

Also, when I go to Guest Services, what do I need to bring? Should I bring the ER paperwork? I don't think I could get a dr note from his dr now that we are already here.

The "stroller-as-wheelchair" tag will be for the length of your stay. The CM at Guest Relations should ask how long you are staying. It's like an airline luggage tag that goes around the handle and sticks to itself. Show that tag at attractions, sometimes the CM at the queue doesn't initially notice it until pointed out. You should not need any paperwork, just explain the situation.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

hello!
After spending the night in the ER with my asthmatic, we decided a wheelchair would be best for the rest of our trip for him. (We bought a stroller-he's 5- but you can't take the strollers through the line with you.)
I called the sponsored wheelchair rental place and a few others and no one has availability for today or tomorrow.
Anyone else have recommendations? (I didn't want to do it directly through the park bc then we can't wheel him back to the hotel.)
Thanks!
as others have said go to Guest Services and get the stroller as wheelchair tag also this tag allows stroller building like at EPCOT Land and it also worked years ago at Fantasmic for handicapped seating

If it's a full size double-width stroller, I don't think it'll fit through most of the queues. You may need to make enquiries about this.

If it's a full size double-width stroller, I don't think it'll fit through most of the queues. You may need to make enquiries about this.

It should fit, but it will be tight. I suggest using it as needed - most queues are indoors and air conditioned, or covered outside with fans. It might be that he just needs it in the afternoon in the queues, so feel free to play it by ear :) Hope he feels better soon!

Thanks all! We actually got a wheelchair and he started to like it! By the end of the week he actually felt better and we didn't need it any more:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!