Help! Ideas for 2 non-Disney men

Big Al Fan

Earning My Ears
So, I'm planning a week in Orlando for my family of 9 next February. The 7 ladies of the house will be happily vacationing at Disney and Universal and we're good there. However, this time, I will be bringing my husband and 18 year old stepson. They won't be doing Disney with us, and will probably do Universal a day or two. I have no idea what else they can do during that time.
- they are not golfers
- outside adventures are fine- any natural parks to explore or excursions nearby?
- they do like watching sports. Stepson likes video games.
Sorry, I know that sounds a little stereotypical.
I'm not familiar with other things in the area, so suggestions gladly welcome!

Your stepson might enjoy The Void at Disney Springs since it's a virtual reality video game. Maybe the NBA Experience?
There's some Andretti go-kart experience in Orlando with two indoor tracks and I believe a video arcade.
That's all I'm coming up with at the moment. I'm sure there's more options. I also don't know your transportation situation if you'll have a car or not.

Blue Spring State Park would be perfect in February. The manatee will be in the springs still, and the boat tour is great.
Rent SeaDoos for an afternoon.
Check out Gatorland.
Airboat tour.
Tons of great mini-golf locations
Outdoor go-karting too. FunSpot has a great multi-level track with huge drop.
Kennedy Space Centre
Daytona Speedway - tour the facility and visit Motor Sports Hall of Fame.

ETA: Busch Gardens. Assuming they are doing Universal because they like bigger rides. BG has a ton of big coasters too.

Are they non Disney because they have not been?
I would tell them to come anyways. My ds24ds25 are comming this spring. They are looking forward to Star Wars and epcot drinking around the world.. but they are 25.
They also like the coasters at sea world and the best part for them was all you can dine.... eating every hour

Do they like to fish? My husband has gone out with bass fishing guides almost every time we've been to Florida. He's been out on both Lake Toho and the Butler Chain, and has caught some big fish both places.

Are they non Disney because they have not been?
I would tell them to come anyways. My ds24ds25 are comming this spring. They are looking forward to Star Wars and epcot drinking around the world.. but they are 25.
They also like the coasters at sea world and the best part for them was all you can dine.... eating every hour

The tickets are too pricy to purchase if you don't think you would like it. that is 1,000 to take a chance.

So, I'm planning a week in Orlando for my family of 9 next February. The 7 ladies of the house will be happily vacationing at Disney and Universal and we're good there. However, this time, I will be bringing my husband and 18 year old stepson. They won't be doing Disney with us, and will probably do Universal a day or two. I have no idea what else they can do during that time.
- they are not golfers
- outside adventures are fine- any natural parks to explore or excursions nearby?
- they do like watching sports. Stepson likes video games.
Sorry, I know that sounds a little stereotypical.
I'm not familiar with other things in the area, so suggestions gladly welcome!

Don't know where your from, but going to the ocean for a day is super nice. Cape Kennedy is very interesting. Swamp air boats. Can always get a Orlando Magic game. The tampa bay lightning hockey team is a little more than an hour away. Disney wide world of sports complex.
if you are going the last two weeks of Feb many major league baseball teams have spring training within a hour. Plus hanging by the pool looking at girls is always a nice diversion.

There are segway tours in the Fort wilderness area. What time of year are you going?

Did you ask them what they want to do? I used to be the typical Mom/woman that felt like I had to make sure that everyone was happy. Forget that crap. Your hubby is a grown man. He is capable of looking up what would interest him and his son. Tell them your plans and let them worry about themselves. Not worth the stress.

The tickets are too pricy to purchase if you don't think you would like it. that is 1,000 to take a chance.

Exactly what I was thinking. Plus they've already expressed disinterest in spending their week at parks. So, from the standpoint of it being their week for a vacation in Florida too, let them do exactly what they want. I am getting them to go a day, I'm sure they'll have fun.

Baseball spring training starts around the 3rd week in February. That could be something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts