*HELP HELP PLEASE ! We got set up issues with our Pop-up**

PixieDust32

♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥
Hi this is PixieDust32's DH we have a problem with the crank that raises the roof.When I start to crank to lift the roof it slips inside the gearbox or at least it seams to be slipping there even if I have someone lift up on the roof from the inside it won't lift it.Is there something I can do or adjust or need to replace to fix this? :confused3 :confused3

Thank YOU!!

:cool1:

Turn the crank 2-3 times. If the cable is moving, the cable may have come undone further back. If the cable is not moving, it could be the wench. Check the cables first.

That's all I can help you with :wave:

No pop-up camping experience here, but thank goodness that you checked *before* your vacation!
A couple of Internet things I can think of...
Do some Google searches for your problem...maybe someone somewhere on the Internet has posted @ the same problem with solutions?
Also, you could do a Google 'groups' search, there's probably a 'rec.camping' group of something similar...you don't have to join Google Groups to just read the posts.
Search for the manufacturer's website, maybe they have a users' forum or a contact info there.

good luck,
agnes!

There's the possibility that your locking mechanism is not working properly on the crank. You should hear a clicking sound as you turn the handle. I'll assume that you've cranked and cranked and it is still not going up. Try to crank it in the opposite direction. There are times when you may have to go backwards past the bottom position to reset the ratcheting mechanism. I had a similar problem with a Coleman popup and that worked for me.

You can also post on PopUpExplorer where you will find a ton of help. When I had a popup I virtually lived on that website.

Thank you to all of you!

I'll tell DH to read here when gets back from work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter