Help for Aussie re. best time to come

aussiedaisy

The second star to the right, shines in the night
Hello!!
Well, we came over to Disneyland in 2004 in the first week of March and it was pretty dead quiet during the week and great to just walk on the rides so easily, no lines at all! So, we were planning on visiting this December just gone but had to change our plans so, we are hoping to get over there in 2007 but want to know what the best, quietest time is to come. Are the first 2 weeks of March generally always quiet or were we just lucky. You see, I have no idea regarding when holidays are over there, and when school breaks are so if anyone can give me an idea that would be fantastic!!! Also, what is the Candy Cane inn like, we were thinking of booking a premier room there, but is it hard to get bookings....how far ahead should we book. Or,is it better to stay onsite ? Hope someone can help!! Thanks so much. :love:

We're booked for the first week of March -- I'm thrilled to hear that your last trip was so quiet at that time. I'm not so familiar with American holiday times either, especially at DLR. At WDW, SPring would be an entire time to avoid. However, at DLR, I get the feeling it's not so bad. Disney even considers it value season :thumbsup2

From what I gathered, President's week is to be avoided in February, and the weeks before and after Easter are to be avoided. In 2007, Easter falls on April 8. School breaks seem to be randomly scattered in California :confused3 So, I gathered that Feb would be busy at the end, and April would be busy for the beginning. March should be good that year.... I hope :sunny:

Early March or early May are both good times to visit. The weather is a bit better in May.

The times of the year to avoid huge crowds is around Christmas and summer (June & July). I've been there plenty of times during those times where it was really hard to get around and they had to close the parks because it was filled to capacity. Hope this helps in planning your vacation.

Hello Aussiedaisy,
Where in Australia are you from? I live on the south coast of NSW.

What about spring break time? Around here that is usually the last week of March/first week of April. How is it in CA?

SpectroBelle said:
What about spring break time? Around here that is usually the last week of March/first week of April. How is it in CA?

If you're planning for 2007, my only warning is that Easter falls on April 8 that year and it will probably be really busy the week before and the week after.

kd2226 said:
Hello Aussiedaisy,
Where in Australia are you from? I live on the south coast of NSW.
I wish I was going to Australia, I was in Sydney for the summer olympics in Sept of 2000...I won the trip, I was lucky, I can't afford to go bad, I loved it there :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter