Help - Disney Cake Topper Ideas

Broncobilly83

DIS Veteran
OK, I am trying to surprise my bride to be by researching and purchasing a cake topper that appeals to both of us. We looked at the Wilton Castle, which a lot of people say is Disney-esque, but I did not see it.

wi1112804.jpg

That being said, I would prefer to steer away from "Character Toppers" and would like a castle or something similar, that says "Disney" for those who know our love of Disney, but not too over the top, etc. Any suggestions?

Thnx

If you can find the Lenox 50th anniversary Cinderella Castle, you might consider that. I thought it was absolutely gorgeous as the focal point for our cake.

ourgorgeouscake.jpg

cakecloseup.jpg

That is PERFECT. Does anyone know where I can find one, as I have been checking online and E-Bay without luck

We originally were going to do a Cinderella theme wedding, so we choose the cake topper below. Its a WDCC collectible or Walt Disney Classic Collection. You can find these at any of the Disney collectible stores in Disney World, at Disneystore.com, but we found ours on ebay for cheaper.

AAAAAh-Io7gAAAAAAGWERw.jpg

Then we decided to change our theme to Little Mermaid and we choose this one. It is also a WDCC collectible.

wdcckissgir.jpg

Try WDW Merchandising at 407-363-6200 and see if they still have the Lenox castle in stock. That is what I did when we were considering using it.

Yes, it is sad that I keep that number handy in my purse at all times ! :confused3

I am not sure a chocolate one would help, but you could easily order a chocolate one and have it shipped. If you kept it out of the heat it would last. You could have it personalized in some way too.

Here's something that is a little different, I don't know if you're familiar with Jim Shore but he has a beautiful collection of Disney figurines. I have a couple myself.

I found some of the Princesses with their Prince:
5308.jpg

And also a display Castle in which the figure could be placed on:
5305.jpg

These pieces may be too heavy, but it's just a thought. :) The Jim Shore pieces are lovely and very unique!
Here's the link: http://www.jimshore.com/shop/p-5305-princess-love-theme-displayer.aspx

Here's something that is a little different, I don't know if you're familiar with Jim Shore but he has a beautiful collection of Disney figurines. I have a couple myself.

I found some of the Princesses with their Prince:
5308.jpg

And also a display Castle in which the figure could be placed on:
5305.jpg

These pieces may be too heavy, but it's just a thought. :) The Jim Shore pieces are lovely and very unique!
Here's the link: http://www.jimshore.com/shop/p-5305-princess-love-theme-displayer.aspx

They have some of these pieces in a local gift store near my apartment and I keep looking at them as potentials for gifts for some of my bridal party. They have some of Mickey Mouse and Princesses - you are right they are unique and I love his style. Lots more on the website.

DH and I wanted something Disney and cool but not character. We purchased a crystal Cinderella's Castle from the Arribas Bros shop. I think it was right around $100 for one that was 8" tall, has some gold on the castle flags and drawbridge but otherwise is clear crystal. I don't know if the shop on Main Street is still there - we have kids now and don't go through crystal shops much! If not, there was one at Downtown Disney, but I'm sure Merchandising can help.

Try WDW Merchandising at 407-363-6200 and see if they still have the Lenox castle in stock. That is what I did when we were considering using it.

Yes, it is sad that I keep that number handy in my purse at all times ! :confused3

I just tried and was told that they could not look it up unless I had the SKU?!? I asked her how many 50th Anniversary Cinderella Castles by Lenox were there? She did say if it was released in 2005 (the 50th anniversary of Disney Land) then odds are they would not have it. HELP!!!!

I just tried and was told that they could not look it up unless I had the SKU?!? I asked her how many 50th Anniversary Cinderella Castles by Lenox were there? She did say if it was released in 2005 (the 50th anniversary of Disney Land) then odds are they would not have it. HELP!!!!

I wish I could suggest where to get it. We bought it and the end of 2007 through WDW merchandising and were told it was the next to last one available at the time. I'd try to contact LENOX to see if there is any information available that way.

I have just looked at the arribas bros disney website and there are a few beautiful pieces that would be ideal as a cake topper. Somer are quite expensive but could be a great keepsake from the day.

We are using a lenox cake topper. It was a little bit more then we planned on spending but it is a great keepsake from our wedding.

You're Welcome, I hope you win it on ebay!!
I'm not sure how much it sold for, but compared to the other items on the Lenox website, I'd say it was between $150-$200, maybe someone that posted before that bought it will remember how much they paid. Again, good luck!!

Wait I think I may have found it. Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Lenox-LE...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item563b5a96c5 and the item number if that helps is 370362980037 on ebay

Thank you to everyone who helped and wished us well with this, and thank you especially for Keenercam for pointing out this beautiful item and NloveW/Disney for finding the E-Bay auction since I figure with only 1000 made, it is rare to see one on E-Bay, but we did it. After watching it all week and fretting over it, I went for the gusto and placed a VERY high MAX bid, and watched in horror as it went slowly up $5 every couple of seconds in the last 3 minutes, but we got it. Hopefully we did not pay too much but it is worth it for an item like this I think.

Congratulations, Bill! I am so happy you won it and I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding cake! I hope you love it as much when it arrives as I still, to this day, more than 2 1/2 years after I bought ours. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter