Help!! Davy Crockett

cookie334

DIS Veteran
Hey!! I booked Davy Crockett ranch completely spur of the moment last night and now I've slept on it I'm panicking lol.

There will be 6 of us and my plan was not to bother with a car but just book a taxi each day to take us all in and out. We stayed in Val d'Europe last year and got taxis everywhere.

Has anyone ever done it this way? Is it doable? Am I being silly? Should I try and upgrade to a hotel onsite?

I think the mornings will be fine but will it be easy enough to get a taxi back at night?

No experience with taxis, but the extra cost may make it worth an onsite upgrade. The Santa Fe is great too although no pool.
Davy is lovely, but it's nice to be able to pop back to your hotel during the day especially when the parks are open late.

We've stayed at Davy Crockett before and got a taxi's us in and out each day, and to be honest the saving was definitely worth it. We had a cabin with 6 people staying there - add up that kind of spend in one of the more central hotels and we were saving €€s!

We've stayed at Davy Crockett before and got a taxi's us in and out each day, and to be honest the saving was definitely worth it. We had a cabin with 6 people staying there - add up that kind of spend in one of the more central hotels and we were saving €€s!

This is interesting. The policy used to be that taxis were not allowed INSIDE the DCR property, guests had to be dropped off/picked up outside (where there is now a bus station, for Villages Natures).

If I understand, you've had success with taxis driving up to your cabin. Is this correct?

This is interesting. The policy used to be that taxis were not allowed INSIDE the DCR property, guests had to be dropped off/picked up outside (where there is now a bus station, for Villages Natures).

If I understand, you've had success with taxis driving up to your cabin. Is this correct?

To be honest we did stay here almost 8 or 9 years ago now so the policy could have changed to this - not sure...! But almost certain we were dropped off to our cabin back then.

Thanks for the replies. The family rooms at Santa Fe haven't been released yet so I'll keep an eye and compare once I know how much an upgrade would be.

So there is a bus from the gate of DCR now?? I'm confused, are there buses that go to the parks? Or are they just for the Villages Natures guests? Could we just jump on that?

Yes I think when there are 6 people it's often better value to get a taxi rather than public transport too but I was pricing up taxis and it looks like it would be around €25 each way so €50 a day, €200 for whole stay (although obviously won't need return on the last day). I think I'd struggle to hire a 7 seater car for that for 4 days plus I'm really not keen on driving on the other side of the road.

Do you get charged for parking at DLP? I would assume if you're staying at DCR you wouldn't but does anyone know for sure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!